Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What is she doing??

erykah1310
April 13th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Today Nikita started rounding up all her "stuffies" and moved them all into my closet, after she was satisfied with the stuffies she then moved on to other items around the house such as a roll of toilet paper (not yet on the roller) and the tv remote and the phone?
What is she doing??? She is spayed (has been for years) I thought it was like a phantom pregnancy (but shes spayed?) Is this normal? Cause to be honest with all of you it kind of freaks me out a bit. When i went to retrieve some of MY belongings Kita gurl followed me out of the room and wanted to take them back??
Help!!!! Im thinking my gurl has fallen off her rocker???

Prin
April 13th, 2006, 01:42 AM
Our old lab used to do that. She'd take socks "hostage" and you had to wait until she was done with them (could take up to 2 weeks). She protected her socks with her life and if you took one back while she was outside or something, she'd wander around looking for it- she'd be so pathetic about it, there was no way you could keep the sock from her. She wouldn't ruin them or anything, just sleep on them and protect them.

I guess it's that nesty maternal instinct.

Skryker
April 13th, 2006, 11:33 AM
My old cat Pepper had a sucession of "babies" throughout her spayed lifetime. She'd carry them around and cry over them, wash them and sleep curled up with them. I agree with Prin that it seems like frustrated maternal instinct.

erykah1310
April 13th, 2006, 10:19 PM
So i guess i should let her do her thing then?(just without the phone, TP and remote of course lol)
It surely is the strangest thing i have ever seen ( so far that is )
Thanks, guys, i was concerned about her "mental health" there for a bit.

joanna
April 15th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Ummm.. Royce does that too sometimes

He gathers ALL of his toys to under my desk and sometimes whimpers to his favorite "lover" stuffy toy he carries around with him.

I never thought it was worrisome, rather cute :p