Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cheeky Puppy

huskey_newfie
April 12th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Sometimes I think my Chinook is too smart for her own good... Being that Easter will soon be upon us I bought some Chocolate mini eggs (the tiny foil wrapped ones). I had them on the dresser upstairs and took some out to give hubby to take to work. He declined but as I was returning them to the bag one dropped onto the floor. Fast as lightening Chinook had it in her mouth. She knows not to steal food and she looked at me, jumped onto the bed (trying to chew and swallow) being unsuccessful she dropped her prize which was confiscated and discared. But not to be daunted easily she watched as I put the other eggs away and left the room. A few minutes later I was working on the computer and realized things were a bit too calm... I walked in to see Chinook climbing up to steal the remaining eggs. Seeing me coming she grabbed a mouthful and took off. Out the door, down the stairs dropping eggs the whole way. She looked back - trying to decide if there was time to retrieve the loot before being caught - and seeing that I was fast on her heels she dropped the rest and ran for cover... Had I not been so annoyed at the fact that I was outsmarted by a 5 month old puppy I would've laughed my head off.:crazy:

SunGurl372
April 12th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Dogs are too funny.

One thing to note, and you might be aware of this, is that it is very dangerous for dogs to ingest chocolate, potentially fatal.

Prin
April 13th, 2006, 12:35 AM
I was going to say the same... Be so careful with chocolate. Even a little bit can be fatal for some dogs.:eek:

huskey_newfie
April 13th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Hey, Yeah I know it isn't good for dogs to eat chocolate - hence the wild chase down the stairs!!

joeysmama
April 13th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I know that look !! Too cute. My puppy gives me the over the shoulder look when he's trying to edge towards my neighbors yard. For some reason he is just aching to do a poopie there. He knows that he gets a tug on the leash if he is heading somewhere he shouldn't, or trying to eat something he shouldn't etc. But once he squats I know he means business and I stand and wait

Well one day he kept heading over to the neighbors and I would tug his leash. Finally he squatted on our side and then he looked at me over his shoulder and tried to tippy toe, while squatting, to the neighbors yard. It was too funny. He figured that he was squatting so there wasnt anything I could do about it I guess.

rainbow
April 13th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Logan (Siberian Husky) is bad for trying to steal what he shouldn`t. He knows it`s wrong but if he thinks I`m not watching, he`ll definitely try. Since the oinion scare, I don`t think he realizes that I`m always one step ahead of him now.:D

Just curious...is Chinook a husky/newfie cross? Or a husky that lives in NL?

HunterXHunter
April 13th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Logan (Siberian Husky) is bad for trying to steal what he shouldn`t. He knows it`s wrong but if he thinks I`m not watching, he`ll definitely try. Since the oinion scare, I don`t think he realizes that I`m always one step ahead of him now.:D

I know this is WAAAAY of topic, but don't you find it hard to type using ` instead of ' for your apostrophes? :eek:

Melei'sMom
April 13th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I know that look !! Too cute. My puppy gives me the over the shoulder look when he's trying to edge towards my neighbors yard. For some reason he is just aching to do a poopie there. He knows that he gets a tug on the leash if he is heading somewhere he shouldn't, or trying to eat something he shouldn't etc. But once he squats I know he means business and I stand and wait

Well one day he kept heading over to the neighbors and I would tug his leash. Finally he squatted on our side and then he looked at me over his shoulder and tried to tippy toe, while squatting, to the neighbors yard. It was too funny. He figured that he was squatting so there wasnt anything I could do about it I guess.

They all made me giggle, but this one made me laugh so hard Melei nearly fell off my lap :crazy:

huskey_newfie
April 13th, 2006, 05:29 PM

Hey Chinook is a pure bred Siberian Huskey who now lives in NL with a Calgarian...(I'm the Calgarian)...hehe

rainbow
April 13th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Is he your first? If so, you`re going to have lots of ahhh, ummm, "entertaining moments":D