Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Not sure if anyone can help

trishyfer
April 11th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Hey

I am frustrated! We have two cats a mom/son adults.. that my dad was here.. but unfortuantely due to circumstances he could no longer care for these cats, and my mother has them. She lives in an apartment and both of these cats have been outdoor cats most of their lives. The female cat has adjusted well.. but the male, he really needs to be outside. Does anyone know of anyone who is looking for a male adult cat.. or a barn cat?? He is currently not neutered, but i have no problem doing that. They are both very affectionate, they just need a better environment to live in. I have tried shelters, and of course, are all way booked up. Does anyone have suggestions ?? or can offer any help??

all advice/direction is welcome.

thanks! :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
April 11th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I"ve never seen an intact tom who was an indoor cat.

Here is what to do.

Get the male neutered (should have been done long ago) and make him an indoor cat. It will take a little time, but he'll get over his urge to go out.

Putting him in a shelter because he was not neutered is very unfair since none of this is his fault. Even if you want to adopt him out, he must be neutered first.

I'm glad to hear you are so willing to have this done!:)