Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beagle BYB

chico2
April 11th, 2006, 04:47 PM
My son has a neighbor,whom I already once reported to the Hamilton HS,for keeping a very sick bunny hidden in the backyard,he was just hoping the poor thing would die.
Well,the HS removed him and probably euthanized him.
I already knew they had a couple of"out-door"Beagles,what I was not aware of,is that he is a BYB.
His poor female just had puppies,in an outdoor kennel and the jerk offered a male puppy to my son for free,the females are going elsewhere,he only wanted to keep the females.
My son already having 2 dogs,declined and now the little male is gone:sad:
It's been bothering me soo much,but apparently it's perfectly ok with the HS to breed and breed more puppies.
I am so happy he's not my neighbor,or maybe if he had me as his neighbor,he would move elsewhere:mad:
These poor breeding dogs,have never seen the inside of the house,they live outside 24/7 year around,but that too is ok with the HS as long as they have shelter,I just don't understand:confused:
Just a rant,it's been on my mind since my son told me:sad:

Frenchy
April 11th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Makes me sick to my stomach when I hear stuff like that.Someone should go in his backyard late at night and steel the dogs!

Prin
April 11th, 2006, 10:44 PM
That sucks, Chico. It sucks even more that we'd be the ones breaking the law if we stole them and gave them better lives.:sad:

chico2
April 12th, 2006, 07:33 AM
I wish my son would have taken the little male Beagle and maybe someone here would have adopted him,but it's too late now...hopefully he went to a good home:fingerscr

BeagleMum
April 12th, 2006, 09:06 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Beaglemom
April 12th, 2006, 09:29 AM
This is so sad. It just breaks my heart everytime I hear of stories like this. These poor dogs are just being used to make money for some person who just wants a quick buck. The poor female is probably bred every heat. They probably sell the puppies to anybody who shows up with cash. :sad:

chico2
April 12th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I am actually not comfortable visiting my son in his house,after I saw the condition that bunny was in(taken away by HS:thumbs up )and now knowing what they are really doing with those dogs.
I would not be able to keep my mouth shut:evil:

rainbow
April 12th, 2006, 01:35 PM
This is so sad. It just breaks my heart everytime I hear of stories like this. These poor dogs are just being used to make money for some person who just wants a quick buck. The poor female is probably bred every heat. They probably sell the puppies to anybody who shows up with cash.

This is soooo true....unfortunately.:mad:

chico2, I feel the same way, it would be awfully hard for me to keep my mouth shut too.:evil: Have you ever met the neighbours?

mafiaprincess
April 12th, 2006, 02:38 PM
I'd have problems keeping quiet too. It is sad..
Same sort of thing over come's me meeting people's dogs at petsmart, the park, etc.. and people tell me their dog is intact cause sally is adorable enough to have another litter or two.. you just can't educate nice enough or fast enough for people like that..

chico2
April 12th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Rainbow,no I've never met them,but they know I am the one who called HS on them regarding their poor sick bunny,left to die,in a dirty cage with no food,other than a rotten apple.
I could not forget about that poor bunny and called HS,with the help of Mona from Pets.ca,who lives in Hamilton,the bunny was removed the same day I called.
So you can just imagine how they treat those poor outside dogs,I don't understand why it is not against the law to keep dogs outside 24/7 summer and winter.
Maybe some dogs can take it,but I doubt Beagles belong to that group.
The lady of the house only speaks Italian and the man not much better,that's what my son told me,they are elderly and probably breed the dogs to make extra money,never mind if the dogs suffer.

rainbow
April 12th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Chico, if they know you`re the one who called HS on them and you did voice your opinion to them regarding those poor dogs, then maybe they`d think twice and look after them better. It might be worth a try, especially if they thought they might lose their extra income. ;)

Prin
April 13th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Hey, you know how shock collars deter dogs (harshly) from stuff because as they approach whatever they're not allowed near, they get zapped?

Well... How 'bout, every time this twit goes near the beagles, we shoot him in the hiney with a pellet gun. That way, he'll quickly associate breeding dogs with getting shot in the hiney. (Hopefully he'll be smart enough to get the point).:evil: :evil:

chico2
April 13th, 2006, 09:43 AM
When I called about the Bunny,I also mentioned the"out-door"Beagles to HS and I am sure they checked,since they were in the same yard as the bunny...but found they had protection,food and water,all that's needed.

want2help
April 16th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Maybe find some hardcore animal activists and put a bug in their ear about the beagles- Animal Liberation Front is a good one!