Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am a proud owner

Rottielover
April 11th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Of an advance Obedience trained rottweiler. We went to class even though Harley was not worked on for the past almost 2 weeks due to illness with are heads up.
It worked great for us, that one class he missed, was for him a lifetime. MR showoff.
We aced it, or should I say he did. I am so proud of him, and once financials get alittle better, we will be furthering into competition level Obedience. Until then they are allowing me to go and watch the class.
So he is now known to the world as Vondiggles Amadeus Harley VSP OB1 OB2
My made up titles.....
Their printer broke for the certificates, but I can not wait for it to post with his medal and critique, and his other graduation certificate.
Can you say I am a very proud momma

Writing4Fun
April 11th, 2006, 08:01 AM
:highfive: Way to go, Harley! :thumbs up You should be very proud. You both worked hard for it and deserve the accolades. :pawprint:

Rottielover
April 11th, 2006, 08:46 AM
I can not wait for financials to improve so we can start competition level Obedience. It is supposed to be alot more intense and fun for the dogs

Lissa
April 11th, 2006, 08:59 AM
That's wonderful!! I'm glad that Harley is doing so well!! It might pay to enter some fun matches - it sounds like Harley would be great!

Now that summer is here, Dodger and I are focusing on agility and tracking instead of obedience but we will be starting up with competitive obedience again in the fall...

There's a lot you guys can perfect or learn until your next course, straight fronts/finishes, dumbell training, directional commands, changes of pace and turns etc... My favourite obedience book is by Morgan Spector (it is for clicker training) but if you can find it in your library it is an excellent read and you could easily ignore the clicker parts!!

Rottielover
April 11th, 2006, 09:24 AM
thanks for the insight Lissa.....I would love to do tracking, due to the fact harley will not herd ducks, he will chase and kill. Tracking sounds like fun, but no courses around here :(

Lissa
April 11th, 2006, 09:38 AM
That sucks! I am very lucky to have the opportunity to have a trainer who has accomplished so much and is also a memeber of the Ottawa Valley Search and Rescue Dog Association!

When our course starts, I don't mind PM'ing you some of the basics!:)

I can't wait to here how Harley's training progresses!

Melei'sMom
April 12th, 2006, 03:05 PM
know I am a day late but still want to add my

Way To Go Harley :highfive:

now if more people would realize how much fun training can be, there would be no dogs in shelters and no bannings! :thumbs up

rainbow
April 12th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Rottielover..."Congratulations to both of you".:highfive: :thumbs up :pawprint:

LavenderRott
April 12th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Great Job!!!

Rottielover
April 13th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Thank you guys, Harley sure is a rottweiler to be proud of, he is very affectionate, cuddly, Obedient, and very loving. For my first pure bred rottie and especially a male, I have been so very lucky. It was well worth the 2 years of research for him..
He has made me addicted to rotties, I will never go back. He makes his momma proud everyday:highfive:

Raluca
April 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Congratulations to both of you! Keep up the good work. :thumbs up