Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Doggie styling products for human products

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 9th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Has anyone ever done this - or am I off my rocker

Yesterday I went to the petstore and the cashier was tellling me about this great new products for you dogs and cats fur - she was going on and on about how it makes their hair ( there is one for hair dogs and one for fur dogs) shiny, it was food safe, so they could lick it, which Joeys does has soon has something is sprayed on him. :eek:

Then she starts saying I love it so much I used it on myself - see look how shiny my hair is - then proceeds to show me her shiny hair -

So I said I would buy a bottle of it - went home sprayed it all over Joey and gave him a good brushing. He smelled like he had just had a bath afterwards

Then I remembered her showing me her shiny hair - thought what the h$!! I am not going anywhere and if my hair really stinks after I can always go wash it. So I sprayed on my hair and brushed it out and low and behold it took all my frizzies away.

So whats next for me Joeys doggie shampoo ???? :D

twodogsandacat
April 9th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Years ago I heard almost the same about shampoo - for horses. Now Mane and Tail is sold - for humans.

I can also recommend hoofmaker for your nails. Of course these are products made for horses so I have no idea if they are safe for humans.

"Mane 'n Tail products were originally developed for horses. People started using the products to achieve the beautiful results they saw with their own horses manes and tails. This is where the legend of Mane n Tail products comes from, by nourishing, conditioning and fortifying the hair and scalp to aid healthier hair growth. Mane n Tail shampoo and conditioner maintains and helps to achieve longer, stronger, healthier more fuller looking hair. The results can be seen and felt after the first application."

http://www.cosmeticmall.com/category.aspx?brand_category_id=417&nav_mode=brand

Prin
April 9th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I have "Buddy Rinse" conditioner and on the bottle it says that our dogs probably won't mind sharing their conditioner with their humans...:D I stick to human stuff...

But hey, if people use a** cream on their face, dog conditioner is a step up, no?

chico2
April 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM
There was a skinconditioner I bought in the US made to soften cows udders,made you silky soft all over,wonderful stuff:D

wdawson
April 9th, 2006, 05:23 PM
udder cream........use it all the time......i put it on the dogs paw pads.......and our own hands

chico2
April 9th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Zellers used to sell it before,where do you get yours??Can't find it anymore:(

wdawson
April 9th, 2006, 05:47 PM
sorry we are out of udder cream........its bag balm we have.....get it at rens on trafalger road

Skryker
April 9th, 2006, 07:35 PM
I was getting my udderly smooth at Walmart. Such a big jar lasts so long, i hope they still sell it-haven't had to buy any for months.

chico2
April 10th, 2006, 09:03 AM
WDawson,Ren's is my favourite store,I have to look for the cream!
I've been a customer there for 10yrs.
Buy my birdsseeds,corn for squirrels,cat-stuff and dog-stuff there,I should have shares in the store.:D
I will check out Wal-Mart,thank's!!

.unknown.
April 13th, 2006, 04:30 PM
the hoof cream you can actualy get over the counter at pharmacies apparently. it really works!! I have some, but it was sold as a Human product, but yeah it's great! It makes your nails hard and strong, and grow better