Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Love my dogs....

moquelew
April 9th, 2006, 12:45 AM
HI, I am new here and my name is Moque. I have 2 pitts Scrappy (1 1/2 yrs old), outside male and Charisma (2 1/2 mnth), inside female. I am haveing trouble getting rid of Scrappies urine smell outside and Charisma seems to have plenty of accidents inside. Can anyone help? I don't want to neuter Scrappy because I want another girl from him. He marks everything and it is strong. I spray everything down in his area but the smell isn't leaving. As far as Charisma, I am ready for her to go outside but my husband wants her inside. Can anyone help her because she is on her way out!!!!!!!!! We don't even where shoes in my house and she is having accidents......

Thank you in advance

Love my dogs but love them more outsideoutside!!!!

moque

Prin
April 9th, 2006, 12:50 AM
You know that this is a very pro-spay/neuter board right? you won't get much advice about how to get rid of the smelly male urine other than neutering him- because that's the only cure for super smelly urine.

Have you brought your girl to the vet? It's very nice of you to want to dump her outside rather than solve her problem.;)

Copper'sMom
April 9th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I have 2 PIts as well. Male and female. Both live inside my house, sleep in my bed and both are spayed and neutered - not because of our new law here in Ontario, but because it is the responsible thing to do.

Your little female is quite young still. Are you taking her outside to pee and poop after she eats, sleeps and plays?? Frequent accidents happen as a result of the owner unless she has a medical problem.

As for the male, neuter him. He'll less likely have the urge to mark his territory as often.

LavenderRott
April 9th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Your male has strong smelling urine because he is an intact male. There are products on the market that you can get that will help you control the smell, but it is work and must be done frequently.

Your female is just 10 weeks old! She needs to be on a strict schedule as far as potty breaks go and she needs to stay outside - attended - until she goes and is praised for proper behaviour so that she can learn that this is the right place to go. She is just a baby, she can't hold it in very long and there is no quick fix.

Neutering your male will help cut down on the smell. With over NINE THOUSAND "pit bulls" listed on Petfinder, do you really think that you need to breed your male to get "another girl from him"? I have to wonder what makes him so special that you need one of his puppies if you won't even let him in your house?

Prin
April 9th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Your female is just 10 weeks old! She needs to be on a strict schedule as far as potty breaks go and she needs to stay outside - attended - until she goes and is praised for proper behaviour so that she can learn that this is the right place to go. She is just a baby, she can't hold it in very long and there is no quick fix.Geez! I didn't even see that. 10 weeks... :eek: Of course she's peeing in the house. They don't come naturally house trained (even if some breeders give that impression).

Lucky Rescue
April 9th, 2006, 12:38 PM
You don't think there are sufficient numbers of irresponsibly bred pit bulls in TX and want to add more? Petfinder alone has about 350 of them.

Please learn how to care for dogs properly. Get them spayed and neutered and trained. Pit (one "t") bulls are not outdoor dogs and need to be with families.

Set an example instead of adding to the terrible overpopulation problem and the suffering of these dogs.

Please go to www.petfinder.com and look up "pit bull terriers" in tx and think about just what you are doing. Please, if you love the breed, try to be responsible and do the right thing.:(

chico2
April 9th, 2006, 02:24 PM
:sad: :sad: sigh!!!

want2help
April 16th, 2006, 10:14 PM
I see your problem, and it is your thinking, not the dogs. If you really love your dogs, you would know that there is no such things as an "outside dog". Dogs are a pack animal and that is where they belong, inside the home, with the pack. If you want another pitbull, all you need to do is take a trip to your local shelter. Shelters everywhere are overwhelmed with unwanted "bully breeds" because of people breeding them. Finally, spay and neuter your pets. Do you know that between 5 and 12 million companion animals (cats & dogs) are destroyed every year (just in America) due to the overpopulation problem? If this fact does not weigh heavily on your conscience, then you should rethink pet ownership- or as we animal lovers call it- Guardianship.

White Wolf
April 16th, 2006, 10:42 PM
The original query was answered. This thread has run its course.