Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boxer Bombs!!!!!!!!!

jj1207
April 7th, 2006, 02:10 PM
This is sort of a silly subject; however, if you own a boxer then you will know just what I'm talking about. Those crazy Boxer Bombs, as I call them--- Farts! hehe. My Alex passes gas like no other, often times when she is sleeping I will hear her "dropping bombs" from the other room. I think it is funny and I have heard that boxers are known for this. Does your boxer have this "talent?"

Moodette
April 7th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Martini is a golden but he lets some pretty awful ones go (no worries I've had him cleared at the vet). The funniest is when he turns his head to look at his behind and either just stares confused or growls.

phoenix
April 7th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Plain yogurt everyday helps. Seriously.

meb999
April 7th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I know you will be changing alex's food soon -- so that'll help with the stinky stinkers. I agree with phoenix, yogurt also helps. But boxers will be boxers, and because of their short nose, they swallow alot of air when they eat, so they'll rip one every now and then....It's all part of their charm : they fart, they snort, they snore and they grunt!!!! :D
Buster's bombs are always Silent but absolutely DEADLY! they'd make a maggot gag!

meb999
April 7th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Martini is a golden but he lets some pretty awful ones go (no worries I've had him cleared at the vet). The funniest is when he turns his head to look at his behind and either just stares confused or growls.

LOL!!!!! :D

buffytwin
May 29th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Oh my, I didn't know this at all! I actually just posted in another forum about how my boxer seems to always have gas, and I asked if it was normal, well I'm glad to hear that it does sound normal for a Boxer, but oh boy they stink!!! It's horrible!! We got him checked out at the vet also, but they said he was fine... We were thinking about trying different food, thinking maybe it was the food? We also give him plain yogurt about 2 to 3 times a week in his kong, maybe we should do yogurt everyday then? Interesting, lol...

phoenix
May 29th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Don't worry buffytwin, if you have a boxer it is NORMAL! I know the day that my 2 didn't get their yogurt... running out of yogurt constitutes an emergency in our house!! (the ones with live probiotics work the best imo- like biobest) My little girl can clear a room no problem. They even wake themselves up and look around, alright... whose to blame for THAT? hehe.

OntarioGreys
May 29th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I know you will be changing alex's food soon -- so that'll help with the stinky stinkers. I agree with phoenix, yogurt also helps. But boxers will be boxers, and because of their short nose, they swallow alot of air when they eat, so they'll rip one every now and then....It's all part of their charm : they fart, they snort, they snore and they grunt!!!! :D
Buster's bombs are always Silent but absolutely DEADLY! they'd make a maggot gag!

Greyhounds have the very long noses and the same problem, so nose length has nothing to do with it, could have more relation to body build.
it is normally is a result of food not agreeing if it is constant, treats if is is random sometime during a food change will occur but will settle down, another cause is stress, when I fostered greyhounds fresh in from the track I could have used a gas mask for the first couple of weeks

Prin
May 29th, 2006, 09:39 PM
There are also "Dobie Bombs" and "Large Breed Silent Bombs" too. I've experienced those... :eek: :yuck:

erykah1310
May 29th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Kita can clear a house of EVERYTHING, even herself!! LOL