Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

neighbour rant

jiorji
April 7th, 2006, 09:46 AM
argh!!!

I don't know how much more of this i can take!!!:mad:

I live in this small apartment and I'm home most of the time as I work at home and my neighbours are just ANNOYING!

I think they're a couple...and the annoying lady next door likes talking on the phone in the bathroom. ANd she has this annoying laugh and it's so LOUD!! It seems they like doing almost anything in the bathroom...including SMOKING! so almost 75% of the day my apartment is filled with nasty smoke!
good thing summer's coming so I can open the windows. But it doesn't help! From what I've learned from burning my food(hehe :evil: ) smoke does not escape the apartments easily. WE have this terrible venting system and the smoke just travels to the other apartment. Which is why I get all their smoke!

There's a vent in my closet that I had to tape shut because their stupid cigarette smoke would infiltrate my clothes. Disgusting!

and they enjoy listening to music real LOUD! even past the hours. I can hear their bass pumping softly at 10 pm. We can't cause a racket between 9 am and 10 pm. and of course....once 9 am hits....LOUD music! or loud tv!

and I can assure you i can return the favor and blast my bass up...but I like to think of myself as better mannered :p (doesn't mean I am:evil: hehe)
Sometimes I only turn music on in my living room to block out their sound, BUT I only turn it up a few notches(so that my otehr neighbour won't get annoyed) and still I can hear their music:mad: argh!!

Imagine trying to write an essay while listening to music, and not being able to breathe properly and ignoring annoying music!! and having cats jump on your keyboard heheh

I once heard my neighbour mimic my cat's meows in teh bathroom. Obviously my cat's meows during her heat (something i never want to experience again!) must've bothered her. Well SCUSE ME!! but your annoying laugh is WAY worse!

sigh....ok i feel better now....:D well not really but i'm trying

mastifflover
April 7th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Find something that irritates them and start doing it. When they come and ask you to stop make a deal with them they do something for you and you will do something for them. Also you could put a little fan in the vent and blow the smoke back into there place

Prin
April 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, that's living in an apartment in Montreal. Yey! (Maybe even everywhere). You can't pick your neighbors. Our old neighbors used to hork into their toilet so loud we could hear it.:yuck:

LavenderRott
April 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM
My downstairs neighbor has a patio and a small yappy dog. She often puts the dog out on the tie-out and lets it bark it's fool head off. Since this is right under my bedroom windows, you can imagine how annoying it can be.

I feel for you.

jiorji
April 7th, 2006, 12:54 PM
oh good! i'm not the only one with crappy neighbours!

My family used to live in this building in Toronto and I don't remember it being this noisy. The walls were thicker and you most definetly didn't hear people upstairs walking. I don't either cos i'm on the last floor hehe

oohh another thing my neighbours do...when I paint i usually listen to relaxing music and all of a sudden I hear their damn shower at full blast. They turn it on for 5 minutes at full blast befor they turn the overhead shower thing on :mad:

hey mastifflover....you think putting my stereo speakers in the bathroom and putting on some real loud music would do the trick??:evil:

Stacer
April 8th, 2006, 09:45 AM
I like the fan idea, buy one of those little ones that can clip onto something. Think of it as making the vent more efficient. Then cook something really smelly, fry up some fish. Yeah do that!

We live in very old building, and our neighbour above us doesn't believe in removing his shoes. It sounds like it would in a regular house if someone walked around with shoes on another floor. And his floorboards creak....and he never stops walking, he's training for a marathon or something in his apartment. And...we've lived here for 2 years and he still questions us in the hallway "can I help you with something?", "are you here to visit someone?". The funny thing is that his nephew or son lives across the hall from us and up until a few months ago he was still introducing himself to us everytime we bumped into each other in the hallway.

These are the things that make apartment dwelling so very interesting.

jiorji
April 8th, 2006, 10:19 AM
LOL stacer...that's hilarious!

My neighbours aren't that much fun. The neighbour on the right...this old lady keeps trying to talk to me but she doens't speak english and I can't udnerstand her Quebecois so i try to avoid her as much as possible. You know...to avoid awkwardness. I like the lady across the hall tho. She's got a dog, a cat and some very loud birdies that chirp all the time :) so cute.
And her dog's real friendly too. But she takes the dog out at 4 am for peeing. She must be mad!:eek: lol