Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kitten won't stop shaking..

linds17
December 13th, 2003, 03:59 PM
is this a symptom to anything serious?

it is cold outside when i saw her shaking so i brought her in but she still wont stop.. even her face is shaky and she keeps on blinking.. her ears were back like she was afraid too.. i do not know what is wrong with her, and i would appreciate it soo much if someone could tell me how i could make her feel better.we think she may be choking..

please inform me asap, thank you.

linds

mona_b
December 13th, 2003, 04:21 PM
There is definately something wrong with this kitten.I can't say for sure I am not a vet.I suggest you take her to a vet ASAP.

linds17
December 13th, 2003, 04:28 PM
i cant, im 17, no car....parents wont be home until late tonight....what should i do??

mona_b
December 13th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Do you have a friend that has a car you can call?

linds17
December 13th, 2003, 04:38 PM
no, i have no way of getting maggie (thats her name) to a vet. im really hoping that she may be just a little bit sick and that its not fatal.

mona_b
December 13th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Ok.Then is there anyway you can call a vet and get some advise.Just explain to them your situation.Maybe they can give you some advise.Till then just keep maggie warm.How is she doing now?

Lucky Rescue
December 13th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Is this kitten yours? Why was she outside in the cold?

Put a towel in the dryer to warm it up and then wrap it around her. Try and get some warmed water or cream into her - if you have an eyedropper try that.

If that doesn't work, she may be hypothermic and need vet care, or something could have happened to her outside.

Do not let her out anymore.

Luba
December 13th, 2003, 06:59 PM
If this cat doesn't stop shaking it may not just be from the cold weather!! The cat could be in a state of 'shock' from trauma or illness.

YES call your vet for advise or call the EMERGENCY 24hr animal hospital where u live.