Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

deaf cat

Tracey
November 14th, 2001, 09:32 PM
Help,

I have 2 cats one is deaf. Lilly (deaf) meows a lot is there a reason for that?
She also doesn't learn when she does something wrong. She understands "no", by a point of the finger, but she will do it again and again. I don't know what to do anymore with her. She jumps on anything and breaks everything she can, (when I'm not around). I love her and I want both of us to be happy.

PLEASE HELP ME AND LILLY.

Tracey

arbeej
May 19th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Wow, your post is 4 years old. Hope you and Lilly worked it out. But in case anyone else is looking for the same question, I'm replying anyway.

I had a deaf cat, too. Instead of meowing, she howled and yowled. You know what I'm talking about, I'm sure! Know what it is? She can't hear herself. Simple as that. Just as nearly deaf people speak loudly without realizing it, so do our deaf pets.

For the longest time, we couldn't understand why she seemed so distressed. She was loved and babied and entertained. Later I came to realize that she wasn't distressed at all. She was just conversational. :-)

Arbeej

Sneaky2006
May 19th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Hi arbee, I don't know if you'll get a response to your post... the original post was made 4 years ago.