Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Daylight Savings Lag?

Prin
April 7th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Anybody got it? We're totally screwed up here... I wish they would just pick one time and stick with it.

SunGurl372
April 7th, 2006, 12:38 AM
I'm dying down here. Harley's all messed up...and my son is even worse. He's convinced its still early afternoon when I'm talking about bundling him up to bed!

Prin
April 7th, 2006, 12:43 AM
It's amazing what one hour can do, eh? It sucks.

jesse's mommy
April 7th, 2006, 05:05 AM
I have been dead exhausted this week and cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow. It's been so tough.

phoenix
April 7th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Ugh, I couldn't agree more. It is strange what a difference an hour makes. I wonder if they did a study on car accidents etc for this week every year what they would find with all of us walking around messed up!
Apparently next year, DST is going to come even earlier in March due to the fact that the States want to do it and of course Canada follows along. The mornings will be sooooo dark...

chico2
April 7th, 2006, 08:19 AM
We don't have to go to work or anything like that and other than the cats schedule we don't have one:D but I've been really tired and tend to sleep until 7:30am,too late for me,usually I get up around 6 am...

Writing4Fun
April 7th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Hey, Chico - http://www.discodelic.netfirms.com/silly-razz2.gif

We're dyin' over here too. http://www.discodelic.netfirms.com/blah-needcoffee.gif I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow! Hubby is about ready to keel over - his alarm goes off at 4:30AM. It figures he'd be working the day shift this week. My poor 6 yr old is dragging his feet out the door every morning. The baby is sleeping until 10:00 (lucky booger). The only one who doesn't seem affected is the dog! As long as she has a pile of dirty laundry to sleep on, she's happy. And I'm too darn tired to do the washing, so she's more comfortable than usual this week. :p

AliSam
April 7th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I can't believe that one hour makes all the difference. I had to call in sick on Monday with a wicked migraine headache. I haven't gotten one like that in quite a long time. I figure the time change and the weather contributed to it.

SnowDancer
April 7th, 2006, 01:40 PM
AliSam - I also had one of the worst migraine of my life on Monday and it extended right through Tuesday and I have had some doozies. For me the one good benefit of the time change is that is stays lighter longer during the day. My husband doesn't get home from work until about 7:30 - and my dog's main concern with Dad is SUPPER. So in the fall when dusk came early he was at the window for 4 hours waiting. Now to make things worse the just turned 2 Eskie has to lose 4 lbs. 2 oz. - 20% of his body weight so is starving and obviously Mommy doesn't love him anymore. So the lighter out the better. Today though with the rain it looks later than it is - and of course the rain brings all sorts of live creatures out of the lawn and my guy of course being starved to death, must "hunt". Ick.

jawert1
April 7th, 2006, 04:21 PM
I have been dead exhausted this week and cannot wait to sleep in tomorrow. It's been so tough.

I'll second that, Monday I woke up at 8am and realized I was flat late for work. I understand why it was implemented in the first place, but we're no longer a strictly aggrarian society based solely on farming techniques, so please tell me why this network analyst has to oblige??

Beaglemom
April 7th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I've been feeling very tired this week. The time change really screwed up my system and added to that was the fact that I couldn't sleep Sunday night and had a max of 5 hours sleep. I'm still not caught up on my sleep. I'm also finding it much harder to get up in the morning.

I wonder if they did a study on car accidents etc for this week every year what they would find with all of us walking around messed up!
There has been a study and it has been found that the Monday following the time change there are more reported car accidents. I can tell you that driving in to work on Monday morning, I saw a lot more dumb things being done than usual! People were doing some really weird things!

wdawson
April 7th, 2006, 08:06 PM
i'd rather have sun and light later into the evening than dark at 5pm.......let it be dark while i'm at work in the morning.......and light and bright while i'm home to enjoy with the dogs.

raingirl
April 8th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I was beginning to think I was the only one! I have felt like crap all week. I thought a nice sleep in a little today would help, but I still feel crappy. My mother had this virus a while ago that affected her vestibular system (ears, etc) and I think I picked it up because I have been dizzy and nauseous for 6 weeks! THen this last week was the worst with the lack of sleep. Grrr...I hope I feel better tomorrow.

Prin
April 8th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Uh oh... Raingirl, are you sure it's not the new virus going around, otherwise known as the "Pregger virus"? :eek: :eek: Everybody seems to have it (I'm still not drinking the water...)

raingirl
April 8th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Hahah. No...I'm pretty sure it's not *that* virus. Then again, my mother and sister both got "periods" when they were pregnant. You never know. Ask again in a month.

Prin
April 8th, 2006, 11:10 PM
oooo odin might get a little brother or sister!! I hope I remember in a month.:o

Have you been to the doctor yet?

raingirl
April 8th, 2006, 11:17 PM
nahh...I don't have time for a doc. I've always have boughts of dizzyness and nausea that last sometimes weeks. I have ever since I was a kid. It actually started about when I cut my thumb, so I thought it was related to that (shock to my system) it just didn't go away. If I still feel exhausted and crappy and achy and sore and dizzy in a week or two, then I'll go to a doc. I almost feel like I have had a little bit of a flu for almost 2 month. Just not sniffly or coughing.

Prin
April 8th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Did you take your temp at least?

raingirl
April 8th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I don't even think I own a thermometer. I just asked my bf, nope, we do not have a thermometer. I should probably get one, or maybe two (never know, I may need one for the dog one day).

Prin
April 8th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Yes, do. If you don't go to the dr, at least you'll know if you really should.;)

jesse's mommy
April 9th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Raingirl I think you should pick up more than a thermometer at the store -- maybe a little test too! :p

As for me, I had the best sleep last night -- even with the rain and the thunder and lightning (by the way, Jesse slept through everything, wonderful watchdog). I woke up this morning so refreshed. I think I'm back on track now. I guess I'll really know tomorrow.

mom_to_many
April 9th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Oh yes..a very long week it has been! The dogs have adjusted to the new feeding time, but the cats still show up at their "normal" feeding time..just as mom is flying out the door to work. Not only a time change, but a shift change as well! Instead of the car coming home at 3..it's leaving!

I wonder why Arizona and a few counties in Indiana do not have time changes? And how confused would you be in Indiana, working in a time change zone..living in another? I for one would like daylight savings to be the norm.

toby's tracy
April 9th, 2006, 09:14 PM
oh yes - what an exhausting week!

I work with 13 year-olds...:eek:

I'm hoping they're used to the time change by now!

kayla
April 9th, 2006, 10:04 PM
I wonder if they did a study on car accidents etc for this week every year what they would find with all of us walking around messed up!

According to CBC radio the Monday after the time change has 7% more car accidents than usual.

I agree, pick a time and stick with it! Gotta admit though Fall backward is always a nice treat :)

rainbow
April 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM
LOL....is everyone adapted to our new time now?

I hear it`s going to change again next year to go with the U.S. I just wish everyone would change as not all of our provinces do and it`s so confusing.

Prin
April 9th, 2006, 11:30 PM
I think of all the things we vote on, that should be one. Daylight savings extensions, etc, affect our lives directly. Why don't we get a say in it?