Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

American Idol

poodletalk
April 5th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Does anyone watch American Idol?

I am so disappointed that Mandisa was kicked off American Idol not the untalented fool Bucky! :eek:

jesse's mommy
April 5th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I watched half of the first season and half of the second season and none since. I sort of lost interest. :o

jiorji
April 5th, 2006, 10:04 PM
:eek: no way!! she was good!
I don't mind Bucky, it's just that he seems so out of place in Hollywood.

I hope Chris gets kicked off. The guy's been real lucky, only because rock badns have already covered oldies songs and he's used them!:mad: Makes me so mad. Had these well known bands not covered an old song(such as "walk the Line") for him to use on his show, he would've gotten kicked off a long time ago.

he's a bit repetitive.

LibbyP
April 5th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Ya I was sad to see her go also, I think she had a great voice and is beautiful, confident, and I really don't like Paris. I agree with you Bucky can go as well, do you watch Canadian Idol? When does it start?

Luvmypit
April 6th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Who was Mandisa again? Not the tall brunette?

angie79
April 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM
sorry I havent followed her in particular, but I saw the song that got her the boot. She butchered it, sorry but it was off tune. It was 100% song choice, not for her... I agree with america's votes and Randy, and Simon.

shannonRN
April 6th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I religiously tape Idol so I can watch when I get home at night. I don't really LOVE anyone this season, but I like Taylor Hicks, even though I thought he did a crappy job this week, and Katherine McPhee (the tall brunette).

I think Chris Daughtry is good at what he does, but obviously 'what he does' is very limited. I thought he REALLY cheated the Stevie Wonder week by doing a Red Hot Chili Peppers song, rather than finding his own way to make a Stevie song his own. That was pretty cheap. However, I thought he did a nice job this week.

Bucky and that Pickler girl need to go.

chico2
April 6th, 2006, 05:21 PM
On tuesday Chris showed he is not one-sided,he actually sang a ballad(sort of),excellent voice.:thumbs up
For looks,I LOVE Ace(shame on me,old lady!!)
Taylor is charming,but I don't think he has much of a voice,I cannot see people paying to see him in concert.

Catherine is beautiful and has a voice,I think she will win,after all it's as much about looks as the singing...
Mandisa had a beautiful voice,but her genre is gospel,very involved with religion and I just could not see her as the AI.
The little southern cutie,Pickler also does not stand a chance,she is too much like last years winner.IMO
Kenny Rogers was unrecognisable,he's had sooo much cosmetic surgery,he looks totally different,stupid vain man!

poodletalk
April 6th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Seasons past, I loved Clay Aiken but this year I like certain people but I don't think Mandisa should have been voted off! No, I don't think she would have won the idol but she could have made final three.

I think Chris is talented and I think he has a very good shot of winning. I like Elliot, I think he has a nice voice and he over came alot of medical problems so I hope he makes the final three.

Everyone else, they can just go and I don't care.

jiorji
April 8th, 2006, 01:57 PM
wow so I guess i'm the only one that thinks Chris is one sided. I mean everytime he speaks of his song choice he starts with "well see this band i like did it so...I was inspired to use it".
And yeah he does have a good voice but a bit more originality please.lol

and something else i've been wondering about...seeing how stardom has ruined many people's lives and families....many rock stars have turned to drugs and such, Chris has a wife and kids. Being a star requires much time and time away from home. If he wins I hope he can manage both fame and family.

Prin
April 8th, 2006, 08:06 PM
How can you guys watch that crap? Now, America's Next Top Model- that's some deep, educational TV! :D

Kidding, but seriously, I can't ever get into Idol.. I just don't get it.

jawert1
April 8th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I'm sorta with you Prin, though I admit to watching the first 2 shows each season to watch people (who clearly had friends that lied to them for years about their ability) get up and attempt to butcher a song.

Prin
April 8th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I'm sorta with you Prin, though I admit to watching the first 2 shows each season to watch people (who clearly had friends that lied to them for years about their ability) get up and attempt to butcher a song.
Yeah, I watch some of those, but even then, I can't sit through a whole show.. It just gets under my skin. The judges basically sit there and say "Nope, you don't conform to the image that we think will be most popular.." :rolleyes:

So far the only one that is really successful is Kelly and that's because most people only voted for looks...

jawert1
April 8th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I was so glad when AOL started hosting just the initial tryout clips on the welcome screen, it kept me from having to watch the whole thing (which you're right - just ick).

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 8th, 2006, 11:43 PM
ShannonRN = Bucky and that Pickler girl need to go get married they would be such a cute couple :D

I didnt watch it last week as I was working my new job - but I acutally like Chris although I didnt see his performance last week.

chico2
April 9th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Prin,AI is fun and entertaining,I watch it every week+I would never miss The Amazing race,now that's comedy:D LOVE the hippies!!!
I do not watch any sit-coms or talk-shows,except the odd Larry King Live.
Even CSI is becoming too darn predictable.
As for"Americas next Top Model",I have to admit,I watch it too sometimes:D

Prin
April 9th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Aside from AI, Chico, we seem to have the same taste. After 3 years in Biology, I can't watch CSI at all- I just rant the whole time ("See that? That is sooo not how you do it." :)). America's next top model is like a car crash- you shouldn't look, really, but you can't turn away.

And the Amazing Race? That's in a league of it's own. I love it. The hippies are great. One of them is actually a Harvard graduate... I loved the nerds too (too bad they're so dumb). The old folks are so irritating. You want them to do well, but when they pass a clue box 5 times without seeing it (TWICE!) it gets a little frustrating. I still hope they beat out the mean angry guy this week.:fingerscr

chico2
April 9th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah,I laughed,almost peed my pants when the"older"couple kept missing that box:D
The angry jerk deserves to loose,I thought he was very disrespectful to the Cicilians walking around without a shirt,fish-stink or not..
I actually think"the Amazing Race"is the best show on TV...right now,LOVE it!

AliSam
April 10th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I am a huge fan of The Amazing Race as well. I was disappointed when the nerds were eliminated last week. They were cute. I hope Lake's days are numbered. He is such a jerk. His wife deserves a medal!

AI I also watch, but not as closely. The audition shows are the best. It just gets boring after that.

phoenix
April 10th, 2006, 12:11 PM
We're also big fans of Amazing Race!
not so much of AI, since I work Tues nights. However, I've got to agree that I wish Bucky would go. Ick. But, with 'country' as the theme, he did have a bit of a by last week.

Prin
April 10th, 2006, 01:06 PM
It's like every year now on the Amazing Race they have to have a hothead. Nobody likes the hothead. And I don't mean "we love to hate" him- we just plain hate him. :)

What I like about the amazing race is that a lot of the time, there's Karma in there. :thumbs up

Sorry for hijacking the AI thread... It sort of became a reality thread.. :o

rainbow
April 10th, 2006, 01:40 PM
LOL here...and I have to admit I`m a reality TV junkie.:eek:

I agree with chico2 regarding American Idol....especially the "Kenny Rogers comment." I think a guy is going to win this year because it`s been mostly females so far. I hope it`s Ace as I find him yummy too.:D

I hope the hippies win Amazing Race. I can`t stand Lake...feel so sorry for his wife. The old couple are pathetic. I actually think they should have an Amazing Race Senior Edition for all these old couples because they don`t stand a chance against the younger ones.

Anybody watching Survivor? I think we should start a new thread for that one. I`d do it but I`m bad at remembering names.:D

Also, what about Big Brother? It should be starting next month.:D

Prin
April 10th, 2006, 01:48 PM
It is fun though to see how far the oldies get. These ones are your token inspiration couple to- she survived breast cancer and he's a Vietnam vet. They're cute and loveable. I just hope they knock out Lake this week. C'mon oldies!!

rainbow
April 10th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Yeh, they`re "cute and loveable".....all us "oldies" are.:eek: :D

BUT the oldies never win therefore Amazing Race should have a special edition for seniors sometime so they can just compete against each other.:crazy:

Prin
April 10th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Yeah, but they're not the only ones- father/son teams never make it past the second pit stop, and soccer mom teams don't do so well either.

They should have a super-loser come-back show...:D

rainbow
April 10th, 2006, 02:52 PM
They should have a super-loser come-back show...

Except the old guy losers would still be competing against the young guy losers so they`d still lose.:D They need their own show so they can be winners just once.:thumbs up

Prin
April 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM
lol OK!! I concede. They should have an old folks amazing race... But wouldn't it move slowly and cost a lot in medical bills?:D :angel:

rainbow
April 10th, 2006, 03:30 PM
LOL....well maybe they`d have to slow it down a bit for the old geezers.:D But I think it would be quite comical to watch.:crazy: :evil:

Prin
April 10th, 2006, 03:38 PM
ooo they should make the tasks extra physical.:evil:

chico2
April 10th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Ok guys,I am an"oldie"at 62yrs old,but I bet I could beat many young ones:thumbs up
I am not a runner,for sure,but everything else would be a breeze,between hubby and I,we also speak 5 languages,would come in handy!!
We'd win for sure:D :D
Come on Amazing Race Canada!!!

rainbow
April 10th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Hey, chico2, I`m not far behind you:D but I don`t think I could keep up with the young kids.:eek: I`d cheer for you all the way though.:thumbs up

chico2
April 10th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Well,maybe I went overboard "a bit",but I definitely would not be as confused as the current couple on AR,but so far they are doing pretty good:D
Go,Hippies Go:thumbs up

Prin
April 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM
oh I keep wishing for the Amazing Race to come to Canada. wish wish wish wish

Shaykeija
April 11th, 2006, 02:11 AM
I think they should have Survivor here in northern Ontario..during black fly season...:p

Prin
April 11th, 2006, 03:07 AM
lol that would be hell! But at least they'd eat enough of them to survive... :D

If they ever asked me for a possible Amazing Race leg in Canada, I would make them drive all over Quebec. The signs here are so bad and chances are at least one team would need a replacement car because of a flat.

I'd make them take Cote de Liesse east from the airport (it's next to impossible to find it) and then I'd make them find Victoria street in Montreal (there are 3, I think). :evil: Then I'd make them go up north, where nobody speaks English, to eat a full buffet of cabane sucre food (everything is covered in maple syrup). Then they'd have to find their own way back to the airport. :D

badger
April 11th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Reading that, I'm about to whoop my breakfast. But didn't AR come to Quebec last season? I seem to remember the Olympic Stadium and people having trouble with the most basic French.
My favourite winners were the black couple. They were very gracious with everyone they met. I remember he cried when they landed in Africa, so sweet, and she had to get her head shaved in India.

Prin
April 11th, 2006, 02:29 PM
lol whoop :D
Yeah, they did come here last time and two of them said the girls here were hot... I thought it sucked that they went to the stadium. You go to a city and head to the place they're most embarrassed of.:rolleyes:

poodletalk
April 11th, 2006, 09:32 PM
So, who do you think will be kicked of American Idol tonight?

rainbow
April 11th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Well, I hope it`s Taylor Hicks. If not him, then Bucky.

The Amazing Race is on tonight too. I think the old folks will be done tonight. Hope not, though. I really hope it`s Lake and his wife.

Prin
April 11th, 2006, 11:03 PM
No- Amazing race moved to Wednesdays. I don't know why.

chico2
April 12th, 2006, 07:30 AM
I believe Bucky or Ace(:sad: )hopefully Bucky.
The American people have a love-affair with Taylor,he is funny for sure,but has no voice.
Looking at him last night,he reminded me of an older guy trying to dance:D
I was very impressed by Chris,I am not really a rock-fan,although I loved Queen at one time and still do.
Catherine,is stunning and has a great voice,as does Paris..
I am trying to see what everyone sees in Elliot(thought his name was Kevin) and his singing...but have a hard time:D

poodletalk
April 12th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I didn't see Bucky sing, but hopefully he will be called down along with Ace. Right now I am rooting for Elliot and Chris.

jiorji
April 12th, 2006, 09:59 AM
bah!!
they butchered Queen!!

the only one I liked last night was Kellie. The rest should be haunted by Freddie Mercury for butchering his songs:evil:

I think Ace should go.
Sometimes those poor American Idol people get stuck doing songs by rock legends like Queen and foolishly enough they go ahead and take the BIGGEST songs they can get to sing and they do a horrible job. hehe it's fun to watch.

anyways....he butchered the song...he should just walk out on his own :rolleyes: :evil: hehe

technodoll
April 12th, 2006, 10:42 AM
ace has been on borrowed time for a while now, time for the backstreet-boy-wannabe to hit the dirt road! sheesh man, get a haircut... he is SO vacuous. miss prissy Katherine can bite me, chris knows what he's doing on stage but is not connecting with his unknown songs, taylor is a wonderful drunk entertainer (love him but not idol material IMO), kellie is a repeat from last year's winner but she's got a fun personality and can sing well, elliot can saaaang but he's just the mechanic next door, paris was trying too hard and bucky, what the hell is he doing on the show at all? :eek:

rainbow
April 12th, 2006, 02:01 PM
No- Amazing race moved to Wednesdays. I don't know why.

Yeah, I had my tv watching all planned out and they went and screwed it up. They did that last week with 24 too.

Well, I still hope Lake goes tonight.

American Idol, I agree, they all pretty much butchered Queen last night.:eek:
I still hope Taylor Hicks goes tonight. He`s a total idiot, especially when he tries to dance. I think he`s this years "William Hung" and that`s why he`s still around. :D

jiorji
April 12th, 2006, 10:50 PM
ace has been on borrowed time for a while now, time for the backstreet-boy-wannabe to hit the dirt road! sheesh man, get a haircut... he is SO vacuous.

yeah....ace just won't LEAVE!! again he's been in the bottom 3 and AGAIN he slipped!!

has anyone else noticed that Paula Abdul says the SAME thing week after week?? "you're a breath of fresh air!" "you're so refreshing!"

technodoll
April 12th, 2006, 11:02 PM
maybe paula likes his deo! LOL

maybe next week ace will have lost his 9th life on the show? sheesh... go already! can't stand the Deer In Headlights look!! :evil:

jiorji
April 12th, 2006, 11:10 PM
maybe paula likes his deo! LOL

maybe next week ace will have lost his 9th life on the show? sheesh... go already! can't stand the Deer In Headlights look!! :evil:

no i meant that she says that about everybody's performance. "so refreshing"

HAHAHA"deer in headlights" lol
He's trying to do that romantic "all the girls love me" look. hehe That's so old :rolleyes:

Prin
April 13th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I had my tv watching all planned out and they went and screwed it up. They did that last week with 24 too.

Well, I still hope Lake goes tonight.
HE WENT!!! YEY!!! I was sooo worried the hippies would be out, but Lake and his wifey would have had to wait the 15 minutes too, so there's no way they would have won it. I hope the hippies aren't too discouraged. I was so glad they had the penalty too- last time a few teams screwed up like that and they didn't get a penalty.:rolleyes:

poodletalk
April 13th, 2006, 07:07 AM
I don't understand why Elliot is always in the bottom 3, he's extremely talented. I know he will get a record contract after Idol, probably I will buy his CD.

Waltz Disney is approaching Kevin to be the voice of Chicken Little in the sequel. He should be on his knees kissing Paris's feet for that million dollar opportunity

Also, Steven Spielberg made a comment about Mandisa, she has the perfect face for movies. Rumor has it, he will be asking Mandisa to have a roll in his upcoming movie.

chico2
April 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Elliot is sweet,to me has a so-so voice,but lacking in "star-quality"IMO,he'd do good as a crooner in a restaurant or cruise-ship:D
Top 3 will be Chris,Catherine and maybe Paris...IMO,but then you never know,Taylor might win:D

chico2
April 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Prin,I too was sooo worried about the hippies:D gosh,I should get a life!!(little late to think about that:D )

rainbow
April 13th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Thank God, Lake is gone!!!:D :D

That idiot Taylor Hicks didn`t even get put in the bottom three...I can`t believe it.:eek: He`s this years William Hung for sure.:eek: Well, I can only hope he gets canned next week.:fingerscr

Waltz Disney is approaching Kevin to be the voice of Chicken Little in the sequel. He should be on his knees kissing Paris's feet for that million dollar opportunity

Also, Steven Spielberg made a comment about Mandisa, she has the perfect face for movies. Rumor has it, he will be asking Mandisa to have a roll in his upcoming movie.

Lots of times "the losers" on this show end up with better opportunites than "the winner".:D

chico2
April 13th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Clay Aiken being a good example,he's made a couple of millions already:thumbs up I loved him!!

technodoll
April 13th, 2006, 02:54 PM
funny how you almost never hear about ruuuuuuuuuben, yet clay is everywhere. good on him! :king:

shannonRN
April 13th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Just goes to show that you never really can pick the winner--everyone's taste is so different. I couldn't stand Clay Aiken by the time mid-season rolled around.

I strongly disagree that Taylor can be at all compared with Will Hung. Yes, he's spastic and goofy and has a RainMan thing going on, but the man can belt a tune--unlike Mr Hung.

I am relieved to see that Bucky went home this week. I have Ace up to go next week.

chico2
April 14th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Mr Hung,was a joke....Taylor is an entertainer,absolutely no inhibitions,no lack of confidence and kind of cute,but not good enough to win,but you never know:confused:
I still root for Chris,that young man has a voice,capable of singing anything:thumbs up

rainbow
April 14th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I still think Taylor Hicks is a joke.:clown: The only place he could entertain is in a kareokee bar full of inebriated people.:D :crazy:

He won`t win but I wonder if he`ll do as well as William Hung did after he got the boot?:D

I like Chris too. Also Catherine and Paris but I think it`s a guy`s turn to win this year.:D

And regarding American Idol, I think the hippies must have got into some wacky tobacky because they sure were a little more goofy than normal and kept screwing up.:D

badger
April 14th, 2006, 05:08 PM
And I thought they were just a bit thick...nah....just a bit thick.

chico2
April 14th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Oh well,they are hippies after all,but whatever they smoke,they should share it with the rest:D