Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

First ever CD, record, or tape?

Luvmypit
April 5th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Just wondering what people got as their first ever CD, tape or record?

My music collection started with one tape. The Righteous Brothers. I loved unchained melody so much my parents bought me the tape for Xmas.
My brothers at the time exposed me to Ice Cube, redhead kingpin, beastie boys and tragically hip, guns and roses ect...

What was the first CD/record/tape that you got as a gift or bought yourself?

Oh ya and my first CD was Wrecks an effects (rap) much to my dads dismay... lol...

Prin
April 5th, 2006, 05:45 PM
My first tape ever was the dirty dancing sountrack. :o

The first cd I ever bought myself was either Beck or Soundgarden.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 5th, 2006, 05:56 PM
IT was the carpenters greatest hits - and it was an 8 track.

Rick C
April 5th, 2006, 06:03 PM
http://www.sergent.com.au/elvis/Blue%20Hawaii%20LP.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

jesse's mommy
April 5th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Officially my first record was Disco Duck -- but that was a kiddie record. My first "adult" record was Michael Jackson Thriller!

jawert1
April 5th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Appetite for Destruction - Guns n Roses first outing lol

Skryker
April 5th, 2006, 07:59 PM
My first non-kiddie, non-Disney record was a 45 of "Rhinestone Cowboy" that my brother gave me for Christmas when I was about 5.
Had an 8-track of Shaun Cassidy's "Born Late" a few years after that. :o
Then the first tape I ever bought for myself was "Syncronicity" by the Police.

Oh, jesse's mommy, we had a 45 of Disco Duck, too, along with Kung Fu Fighting-but they were family property. :D

raingirl
April 5th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Madonna....darn..what's the album called...like a prayer? it was $11.99 at kmart. I bought it with my birthday money when I was like 9 or 10.

phoenix
April 5th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Counting crows...mr Jones rocks. I remember driving my old volvo with friends hanging out of the sunroof chanting this one... "believe in me... cause I don't believe in anything...and I want to be someone to believe..."

shannonRN
April 6th, 2006, 01:28 PM
My first CD was either Tears for Fears or Michael Jackson's Thriller, but I can't remember which.

First cassette, LP, 8 track???? Don't remember. :o

doggy lover
April 6th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Talking about dating ourselves here, mine was a record of the Bay City Rollers.

chico2
April 6th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Oh,Oh...mine was a double album(78's)of Elvis,not sure of the title.
I actually still have it downstairs somewhere:D
My second one was"Young Love"by Tommy Steele,but I doubt anyone here is old enough to have heard him.

wdawson
April 6th, 2006, 08:03 PM
kiss , destroyer for me......oh how i wanted those gene simmons boots.......now you can buy a kiss coffin:eek: kinda reminds me of those flash back pepsi ads....lol

mummummum
April 6th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Ooooooooo - that's a tough one. I'm sure I bought records before this one but I particularly remember buying the Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water as a 45 and practically wearing it out on my !!!portable record player!!! I believe there was a boy involved - hence the intense memory. Of course I must have bought other music - cuz I somehow always knew all the words to all the songs on Danny Finkleman's 45's (a CBC 40's, 50 and 60's pop music show on Saturday nites - RIP). Ahhh Deep Purple ...Nat King Cole, Frank Zappa, The Beatles, Janis Joplin, The Turtles, Alice Cooper, Supertramp, The Kinks - my allowance was a goner every week...Crimson and clover, over and over...

CyberKitten
April 6th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Lots of 45's (remember those, lol) so I can't remember the first one - children's songs like Bibbity Bobbity Boo, lol but the first album (as in vinyl) I ever purcahsed cost me $3.99 in Presque Isle, Maine - where we often went to shop. It was Ten Years Together by Peter, Paul and Mary. Still love their music - and folk music in general!