Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my heart is broken..

mydogcassey
April 5th, 2006, 12:27 AM
i went away for two days. i knew my dog cassey (cocker spaniel, age 11) was sick but she was so happy when i left. she seemed to be getting better. she was eating. she wanted to play with her hamburger squeaky toy and she kissed me goodbye. i bought a book at the bookstore today about dogs and i wanted to show it to her. i knew that something was wrong when i didnt see her at the door when i pulled up. they put her to sleep yesterday while i was gone. i dont feel like doing anything but crying. she was my best friend and i will miss her. RIP Cassey...I love you and I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye.

Lucky Rescue
April 5th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Awwww..I"m so sorry that you lost your dear friend so suddenly.:sad: But she really will live in your heart forever.

chico2
April 5th, 2006, 09:51 AM
How sad:sad: but feel comforted she knew you loved her and she had a wonderful long life:love:

mydogcassey
April 5th, 2006, 11:05 AM
does it ever get any easier? most of the time (its hasn't been 24 hours yet) i still feel that she is here, but just at the groomers or something.

maigrey
April 5th, 2006, 11:22 AM
It should get better with time but you'll never ever not feel sad about it. Just remember the rainbow bridge, she's in a happy place. You gave her the best life you could and I'm sure that wherever she is, she's grateful.

Lucky Rescue
April 5th, 2006, 11:27 AM
i still feel that she is here, but just at the groomers or something.

You feel that way because you weren't there.

Loss of a pet is like any other loss and grieving is a process. We do not "get over" our losses, but do learn to live with them until one day we remember our friends with smiles instead of tears.

Here is something I love, and that I think lets us see things in perspective:

The Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Irving Townsend.

Cricket
April 5th, 2006, 01:09 PM
does it ever get any easier? most of the time (its hasn't been 24 hours yet) i still feel that she is here, but just at the groomers or something.

I feel your pain & am sorry for your loss. My baby boy passed away Feb 26 so it's been almost 6 weeks & I feel the pain just as much today as the day he passed. But please let me say that some days are easier then others - you will have the days when you have happy tears & can smile as well as days where anything can set off the tears.

Just think about all the years of love Cassey that you had & be grateful for each day.

Writing4Fun
April 5th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: Like Maigrey said, it will get easier with time, but you'll always be sad. You gave her a wonderful life, and now she's happy and pain/illness free at the Rainbow Bridge.

mastifflover
April 6th, 2006, 08:15 AM
It really does get easier, hard to believe right now though. I am so sorry but try and remember your baby is pain free and happy and will see you again.

Beaglemom
April 6th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I'm so very sorry for you loss.:grouphug:

PunkMaister
April 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: Like Maigrey said, it will get easier with time, but you'll always be sad. You gave her a wonderful life, and now she's happy and pain/illness free at the Rainbow Bridge.
Aww I'm so sorry for your loss as well and is as Writing4Fun posted. One never gets over it.. It just gets easier with time. :sorry: