Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Taking a moment

maigrey
April 4th, 2006, 08:40 PM
In the Combined Cat and Dog Activity Comparison currently posted on the homepage of the Toronto Humane Society Website, it showed that the Toronto Humane Society has euthanized 883 animals last year and the City of Toronto (services) euthanized 3074 cats and dogs in 2005.

And although I know that they weren't my pets, and I don't have any of their names or photographs, I would like to take a moment to wish all of them (all 3857) a happy afterlife at the Rainbow Bridge. May they each remember the better days of their life and not the shelters and cages where it ended. May they remember loving and being loved in return, lazy catnaps in happy homes and the humans that once reached out to them.

And to any other cat or dog that's ever passed one without someone's love and well-wishes to guide them to that place of eternal happiness and joy with roast beef, tuna, catnip and tennis balls for all.

cpietra16
April 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
I know people need to see it, but I hate seeing numbers and hate to see people still breeding their cats and dogs because its "god's intention"...:sad:
It makes it all too real.

Frenchy
April 5th, 2006, 12:39 PM
so true Maigrey....:sad:

AliSam
April 7th, 2006, 12:02 PM
That brought a tear to my eye. It just hurts to think of all the critters who have left us without the love of a human nearby.