Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

R.I.P. Coconut

mesaana
April 4th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Coconut went to the bridge today and I'm very sad...

When my ex and I split up almost 4 years ago, I made the decision of leaving my cats with him. They were getting older, were used to a house with a yard where they could enjoy the sun and didn't like any change in their routine. I was moving in the city, in a small apartment and knew I was going to work long hours. I felt like a terrible mother, abandoning my babies, while at the same time I knew that it was really for the best. Mark, my ex, loves them very much I knew he'd take great care of them.

He called me last night and told me he had to take Coco to the clinic as he wasn't eating and was dehydrated. I called the clinic this morning and he had gotten worse despite the treatment. He was in acute renal failure. We made the decision to send him to the bridge. I'm really sad I wasn't there for him but I'm glad Mark was. When Coco saw him, he opened his eyes but wasn't able to lift his head. He did start purring though and that's how he left us...

RIP Coconut, I love you...

ZebbyZeb
April 4th, 2006, 06:17 PM
:sorry: for your loss....Coconut will be at the bridge waiting for you. My prayers are with you.

jesse's mommy
April 4th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

BoxerRescueMTL
April 4th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Lyne - I am so sorry. Know that Coco is still with you in spirit, watching over you. Take comfort in that, it helps. :angel:

mesaana
April 4th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Thank you all for your kind words...

Lucky Rescue
April 5th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I"m sorry.:(

Please try and take comfort from knowing your kitty had a wonderful life with people who cared so much about him.

He knew he was loved til the very end.

Frenchy
April 5th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Lyne,I'm so very sorry.:sad:

mandikt
April 26th, 2006, 03:17 PM
i just lost my cat of 19 years yesterday from acute renal failure. it has been such a traumatic, emotional thing for me, since I have had her since I was four. I have cried almost non stop. She too, could barley lift her head but wagged her tail right up until the very end. I am so sad and wonder how I can go on not seeing her everyday. She has grown up with me. Just know that the most important thing is, is that you enjoyed him while he was on this earth.

chico2
April 26th, 2006, 05:15 PM
So sorry,what a great name,Coconut,he'll be waiting for you...
You did not abandon your cats,they still had a loving home and Coconut thank's you for it:love:

Milo_we _miss_U
May 13th, 2006, 01:06 AM
I'm so sorry. I too lost my baby Milo and in my time of grief I found this website. There's a Monday night candle ceremony to pray for all the pets who have enter Rainbow Bridge.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/