Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New here

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 12:18 AM
hi,

I was looking for information on female dogs in heat and being pregnant and ended up here. I have 3 dogs Shiva(in heat maybe pregnant) Loki(neutered) Molly. if someone could help me would be greatfully appreciated.

lpn169
April 4th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Hi, and welcome. What all were you looking to find out?
You have one male that is neutered and an intact female that may be pregnant? Did you breed her intentionally? How long has she been in season and did she have access to a male during that time? Happy to help, just need more info.

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Think she has been in heat for about 3 weeks now. She has been bleeding this is how I new she was in heat. We just got her about a month ago I believe she was 5 months old when I got her.. She is a blue tick beagle supposedly has papers too, but last owner can't find them.

She has been around male dogs have one in particurly I had to fight off he keeps wanting to come in my house my male dog is territorial i think he was a mastiff. he hung around the house for days.

Can you give some signs to watch for. I know I need to take her to the vet to find out for sure. I'm kind excited about never owned a female dog.

thanks

lpn169
April 4th, 2006, 01:38 AM
She is how old right now? Did you see her actually tie with a male? Anytime they are in heat they need completely removed from males. Crated, seperate room, never outside without you there watching, etc.
A vet visit is needed if you think she was bred.

mafiaprincess
April 4th, 2006, 01:43 AM
That would be like being excited that your 12 year old daughter might be pregnant.

Your pup is not ready or mature enough to have puppies of her own. You really need to take her for a vet visit, and if you are smart an abortion. There are enough mutt pups in the world without homes. No need to create more purposely.

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 01:47 AM
I would assume she is 7 months now. just got her 2 months ago It may just be wishful thinking. Tonight she was under the bed she got kind of aggressive with the other 2 dogs when they tried to play with her. she has been sleeping all evening. she just started bleeding again.

No if she is bred its not intentionally I am going to take her to the vet next week I know she needs to go.

Thanks

lpn169
April 4th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Sorry, I just re-read your post. So she is 6 months old and may be pregnant. Your excited? She is far too young to be bred, even if she were a papered champion purebred. No dogs should be bred until 2 years old and have all its health testing completed first. 6 months can be deadly for her to try and have pups, especially by such a large dog. Take her to the vet and have her spayed please.

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 01:54 AM
I am going to take her and have her spayed already talked about that with my boyfriend. I think this is her first heat also Is it wrong to be excited about it? this is my first experience with owning a female dog so i didn't know what to expect.

Thank you very much

lpn169
April 4th, 2006, 02:00 AM
I was only referring to the possible excitement due to her possible pregnancy by a much larger dog......yes that is wrong in my opinion. If you only meant because it is your first beagle pup, and your first female, then no, I dont think it is a problem.
Much better for her to be spayed then to die giving birth....good decision on your part. Let us know how it goes.

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 02:06 AM
if she is pregnant it was not intentionally done I defintely would rather have an aborbtion than have her die during this process. I was only excited because this is my first female dog.. I didn't know what was going on until it was already happening.. since I saw the blood I have been talking to a friend about and searching the internet trying to find as much information as I can.. Thats why I joined here hoping to get some information.. I would not do anything that would harm her my dogs are like family too me!!

Thank you very very much.

Jason

lpn169
April 4th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Hope it all goes well for her. Keep us posted as to how she is doing. Good luck.

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 02:13 AM
again thank you very much

if its ok with you is there an email addy I can keep in touch with you beside here? you have been very helpful

thanks

Jason

lpn169
April 4th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Post pics when you can too, would love to see her. I have a tri-colored Beagle.

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 02:18 AM
I will do that when i figure out how to use this site i'm not exactly sure about every yet.

lpn169
April 4th, 2006, 02:26 AM
I have all my pics loaded into my pictures folder in the computer. When you hit the post a reply button, there is an option down further to manage attachments. Click it, it will allow you to choose the pics and upload them to be added to your post. :)

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 02:45 AM
all my pics are too big it won't let me upload them you got an email i can send them too let me know

lpn169
April 4th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Well, we're not suppose to post personal e-mail addy's here, but you might try just editing your pics to make them a bit smaller so they post.
Let me look for a pic of ours....not a great stance, but it won her a Best of Breed that day! lol. My sons show dog.

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 03:09 AM
I was told she is a blue beagle. don't know much about dogs let me know if you think she is an actual beagle

lpn169
April 4th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Hard to tell for sure by that pic. The coloring looks that of a tri. But cant se the true color since it is a bit dark. Her face looks like a Jack russell Terrier at that angle, lol. Must be the way the pic is....do you have a brighter pic, and a closer head shot?
Sure is darn cute though!!!!!! :thumbs up

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 03:18 AM
I think I have some more but have to resize them give a few minutes

thanks

yours is cute too!

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 03:49 AM
my dog pics

Frenchy
April 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM
moosedude71;hi and welcome to this forum.To answer your question about what is wrong about being excited (to have your dog pregnant) you have to understand that lots of us here are against breeding.Lots of us are either working or volunteering for rescues,we have our share of overload pet population,do you know how many cats/dogs are euthanaze each day,why bring another litter into this world?But I see you are going to have her spayed,very smart decision!Good luck.

moosedude71
April 4th, 2006, 11:00 PM
she is the first female dog i've ever owned before I had no idea what to expect. My boyfriend and I have talked about getting her spayed because we don't want to chace off any more dogs and also i'm tired strange dogs coming in my backdoor when I let them out too pottylolol.. Yes I am aware of the stray dogs and the ones that get put down...

like I said this is not or will be intentional we are eventially going to get her spayed soon.

Frenchy
April 5th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I'm very glad you will have her spayed :thumbs up and by the way,Shiva is very cute,you are more than welcome to post more pictures!:) There is a thread just for it.

rottielover67
April 8th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I have been where you are now and the thought of puppies is adorable but these puppies grow up to be dogs and then breed with other dogs and then there are too many that are strays, carry serious illnesses and are gradually put to sleep. Not a nice thought. We are ALL sure that you will act responsibly and use your best judgement. Please understand that not all dog owners are loving and responsible. You never know where puppies go and how they are loved. Please have your adorable pup spayed. I have learned the hard way and now am a responsible dog lover with 3 that are spayed and neutred. We learn from our mistakes but this is only a piece of advice that was learned through experience. Take care and the best of luck.:pawprint: