Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Olive

BoxerRescueMTL
April 3rd, 2006, 09:25 PM
We lost our sweet Olive today...The past few days she has been in great shape, chasing squirrels and running around. She had a great morning, good breakfast and a nice walk with Chris and Dudley where she was super energetic and pulling around. About half an hour after they got back from their walk she started panting and her tongue was white. She was in shock by the time we got her to the vet. Apparently after doing tests, xrays and trying to stabilize her, they found that she had internal bleeding (couldn't find where) and she had fluid in her lungs. She couldn't breathe on her own....the only option was to help her to the bridge. It was very unexpected and we are still trying to understand.
We miss her very much and will not forget her one bit. She was a real light in our life and she will always be a part of us.
http://www.breederoo.com/members/monty/images/photos/gallery/14779.jpg

jesse's mommy
April 3rd, 2006, 09:27 PM
I am truly sorry for your loss.

Prin
April 3rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
omg that's so sudden. I'm so sorry. Olive lived her best life with you and ended it in loving arms. She was a very lucky dog. :grouphug: :grouphug: :sad:

Mishkamax
April 4th, 2006, 04:59 AM
That is such a shock, I'm so sorry for you. She'll be at the bridge.

Best Regards, Ramona

BMDLuver
April 4th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Oh Crystal, I'm so very sorry to hear that Olive has crossed over the bridge. So difficult to lose one you love so very much without any preamble. She'll be romping with Uncle Monty now and enjoying her new life over the bridge. :grouphug: for you and Chris.

mesaana
April 4th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Crystal, I am so sorry... Thank you for the great care you gave her. Hugs to the rest of the family

Dog Mom
April 4th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Olive's passing......At least she went knowing she was loved.

poodletalk
April 4th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Olive was such a beautiful dog, she was lucky to have found you and Chris so late in her life. I am sure her spirit will live on with you, Chris, Dudley and Vegas.

jessi76
April 4th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss.

BoxerRescueMTL
April 4th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone, thank you so much for your thoughts. Give all your furbabies extra hugs today and everyday!
The vets figure that Olive likely had a tumor that burst internally which caused the bleeding. There wasn't anyway to know it was there, she'd had blood work and xrays in the past and yesterday as well...
We miss her today - she always wakes us up by talking/grumbling/baying (yes like a hound, lol!). But I know she's here with us, like Uncle Monty!

Beaglemom
April 4th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Crystal, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Olive was extremely lucky to have you guys and I know that you provided her with a tremedous amount of love and the very best possible and she knew it.:grouphug:

rivers
April 4th, 2006, 11:29 AM
My heart goes out to you. I still remember when you brought her home to join your sweet family. I am so sorry. Try to be strong.

meb999
April 7th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Olive was a sweet girl, and a VERY lucky one to have found you and Chris. She couldn't have asked for a better home. Right now, her and Uncle Monty are looking down at you from the bridge and are VERY proud of all the good work their mommy does to save Boxers.
I know I've told you this before, but you're the best!! Vegas and Dudley are two very lucky pooches.

chico2
April 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Crystal,you have certainly had more than enough grieving to deal with,first our Uncle Monty,now Olive:sad:
R.I.P Sweet Olive!

BoxerRescueMTL
April 7th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks meb and chico and everyone. I appreciate all your notes, you're all :angel:

Lucky Rescue
April 7th, 2006, 06:08 PM
OMG. Just saw this. I am so very sorry about Olive. I know you must be heartbroken, but also thankful that Olive did get to know what a loving home was like.

:(

cpietra16
April 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM
I am so sorry to hear how suddenly she passed. RIP Olive

Luba
April 7th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this :grouphug:
I am giving Sadie that extra hug and sending you love and prayers.

Toonces
April 8th, 2006, 06:25 AM
I am so sorry for your loss

joeysmama
April 8th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Oh , such a sweet girl !! I'm so sorry !!:sad:

We met the NICEST boxer in Petgoods the other day. I can see how these dogs can capture your heart !

joanna
April 10th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Oh she is so precious.
I am terribly sorry for your loss.
I know how hard it is to lose your baby so unexpectedly.
I send my sincere regrets and love to you and your family during this sad times. <3