Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I never thought I'd hear it.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM
Everyone knows how many posts I have done about Joeys' aggression with other dogs. You'll understand why this put a smile on my face. :D

Well the other day I was walking Joey to school with the kids - and a little ****zu X smaller than Joey started barking and growling at Joey.

Joey looked at him and wagged his tail - but didnt make any attempt to get closer to to the other dog and basically ignored him.

Then the owner said "Why can't you be more like that dog" :D

I let the owner know that I totally can relate to her predicament. :D

BernerLver
April 3rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
It must feel great to get a compliment like that after all the hard work you have put in to heplin Joey become a happy, well-adjusted dog.

Congrats! :highfive:

Prin
April 3rd, 2006, 12:27 PM
YEY! That's a great feeling.:highfive:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 3rd, 2006, 01:00 PM
Well to be honest we are still working on it - but today we walked Joey to school and all the kids were asking to pet him - Joey turned and faced them then sat down right in front of them -stuck out his head towards them like he wanted to be petted.

Then one of the school supervisors mentioned how calm Joey was. :D

Which was true because you know how it is at a school with all the kids running and jumping and yelling - Joey just sat and watched them - it was actually kind of cute.

NaNa8
April 3rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
Great job to both you and Joey. http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/2Thumbs.gif

jesse's mommy
April 3rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Go Joey, go Joey, it's your birthday, go Joey...:D

twodogsandacat
April 3rd, 2006, 10:33 PM
Congratulations. I know how great it feels when your dog behaves perfectly in situations where other dogs don't.

Bushfire2000
April 3rd, 2006, 10:47 PM
Oh that's great. I have one of the other kind and well apreciate how nice it is to get a complliment on you dogs behavior.