Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Unexpected Friend...

jesse's mommy
April 2nd, 2006, 07:17 PM
So, Jim just left to meet up with a few friends and I'm here with the pooch. So I decide to put my jammies on and then go into the bathroom to go pee pee. Well, I lift up the toilet seat and to my surprise, there is a frog in my toilet. Not a little one, this sucker is about four inches long!!! I slammed the toilet seat back down, put a foot massager on top to hold it, shut the bathroom door and went to the other bathroom. :D Then I called Jim and told him about the unexpected friend. He thinks I'm making it up because he wasn't there when Jim went before he left. Then, Jim being the sweetie he is asked if I wanted him to come home. I told him no that I would just use the other bathroom, but would appreciate it if he could come home early.

phoenix
April 2nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
haha
you should get a pic!

jesse's mommy
April 2nd, 2006, 08:14 PM
No way. What if he jumps at me when the camera flashes????? I'll wait for Jim and see if he can do it.

I don't mind frogs. I think they are pretty cute, but I have real issues with them in my house.

jesse's mommy
April 2nd, 2006, 08:58 PM
My Dad said to flush it and send it back to the sewer. If I flush it, won't it hurt it? I'm scared. I told my dad that I would leave it for Jim. He thinks I'm over reacting to it. He said we shouldn't touch it because it may be contaminated. So now I'm really scared. A frog can crawl into my toilet that easy, how easy would it be for a snake? I don't think I can deal with that. Now I'm going to be afraid to use my own toilet. What if a snake is in there and bites my butt?????

Copper'sMom
April 2nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
I too had an unexpected visitor in my toilet a couple years ago! I lifted the lid and to my surprise there was a mouse:eek: in the toilet desperately trying to get out! I was horrified! My man wasn't home so I had to deal with it. The poor mouse looked as horrified as I was. His little eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head as he was treading water to keep his head up above. I grabbed a juice container out of the recycling bin and stuck it in the toilet for him to climb into. Then I took him outside and let him go.
I couldn't bring myself to flush the poor little guy:o . As much as he scared me, I couldn't kill him. I was a little scared he would jump at me too but I think the poor guy was tuckered out. I have no clue how he got in there!!

I don't know about a frog in my toilet though!:eek: I prefer mice to frogs!

phoenix
April 2nd, 2006, 10:24 PM
LMAO!!!!
I never thought about the contamination part. ugh.
I would have just picked him out of there and put him in the garden, but now I'm not sure!!
I think you would hurt him if you flushed:eek:

Come home Jim and save the day!!!!

jesse's mommy
April 2nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
Jim came home and saved the day! Yippee! He caught him in a cup and took him down to the lake and let him go. I didn't say anything about the contamination part before the frog, but he didn't use his hands and I made sure he scrubbed them afterwards.

He was as cute frog and Jim thinks he may have been someone's pet at one time, but I still don't want him in my house especially my toilet. He kind of looked like an African Tree Frog without the color. He had the sucky things for hands. The lack of color could be because he's been in the sewer and hasn't been in any sunlight. Anyway, I gave Jim a big hug and told him he was my hero. He thinks I'm full of it. :rolleyes:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 2nd, 2006, 10:45 PM
OH my gosh a frog in the toilet - is it one of those white sewer albino frogs that you hear about -maybe hes just lost. :D

What would you do if you only had one bathroom? :eek:

jesse's mommy
April 2nd, 2006, 11:20 PM
Jim thinks it was the albino frog. Are they rare? Should we have not let him go in the lake? :o

As for if we only had one bathroom? Honestly, I think I would have been making multiple trips to Taco Bell!

Prin
April 2nd, 2006, 11:40 PM
Did you ever see the episode of the Simpsons where Bart brings a frog to another country (australia, I think) and they just end up taking over? I hope he wasn't poisonous or anything.

jesse's mommy
April 3rd, 2006, 06:39 AM
Did you ever see the episode of the Simpsons where Bart brings a frog to another country (australia, I think) and they just end up taking over?

Yes I remember that one! It was pretty funny.

I hope he wasn't poisonous or anything.

I didn't think of that. :eek: Fortunately Jim didn't actually touch him. He took an empty toilet paper roll and guided him into a plastic cup, then walked him down to the lake.

chico2
April 3rd, 2006, 09:01 AM
I am glad you did not flush him,I am sure he would have died,he could have been a prince you know:D

Writing4Fun
April 3rd, 2006, 09:34 AM
My brother had a couple of rats in his toilet once. You should think about having that toilet repaired. Apparently, the only way these things can get into your toilet is if the one-way valve is broken (a valve that only opens when stuff is being flushed out). If it's stuck open, you may find all sorts of unexpected guests in your toilet. :eek: Kind of makes me glad we're on a septic system - no sewer dwellers dropping in for a visit. :p

jesse's mommy
April 3rd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Now I'm afraid to use my toilet!

Prin
April 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
If a frog kisses your hiney, don't you become a princess?:D (I'm trying to give you incentive to stop damaging your kidneys.)

mummummum
April 4th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Wart's all the commotion about ? If I've toad you once, I've toad you a hundred times... now ribbid after me: don't rush to flush if a frog will clog, it's better to stoop and scoop and wait to...re-group. :crazy:

So - I always thought things coming up through the pipes were urban myths...are you sure this wasn't an April Fool's joke played a day late ?

jesse's mommy
April 4th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Wart's all the commotion about ? If I've toad you once, I've toad you a hundred times... now ribbid after me: don't rush to flush if a frog will clog, it's better to stoop and scoop and wait to...re-group. :crazy:

A perfect chuckle for first thing in the morning. Thanks.

So - I always thought things coming up through the pipes were urban myths...are you sure this wasn't an April Fool's joke played a day late ?

I'm positive it's not an April Fool's joke. He actually thought I was playing one on him until he came home.

chico2
April 4th, 2006, 09:33 AM
We once had a toad(BIG)in a paperbag by our sump-pump,I don't know how he got there:confused:
I went downstairs and noticed the paper-bag was moving:eek:
He was kind of cute..I just closed up the bag and put him outside!

Prin
April 4th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Great puns'n'things mummummum.

Soroush
April 4th, 2006, 04:12 PM
OH this reminds me of my cousin's story. I'm from Iran and back home the traditional toilets are different than what we got here! Over there you don't actually sit on a chair-like toilet. you sit on your feet(it's easier to eliminate like that trust me!).

So my cousin sits on the toilet and looks down. There was a big mouse in the toilet, so she freaked out and tried to get up, but she slipped and ended up falling in the toilet stepping on the mouse's tail! The mouse went crazy, she went crazy, there was a lot of screaming going on and of course the washroom door was locked and she was way too scared to even move, let alone opening the door!!!!

It was one hell of a 5 minutes at our place! My dad, uncle, mom, aunt, other cousins and our neighbour all rushed into toilet! It was so funny!

The mouse disappeared for a few hours and no one knew where it was. Later on we found it behind the stove! My dad grabbed its tail and threw it in the field beside our house!

I was 9 years old back then!