Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Sick Puppy

goldenmorning
April 2nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
Thank you for your concerns, and yes we did take him back to the vet, we had to call them in for an emergency. The vet said that there was a type of menengitis, but was unsure which kind, they advised that we could do tests, but that it would be best for the puppy to have it put down. She said there was neurological damage, and there was nothing else we could do. So sadly we had to bury our baby this morning. Apparently there is a type of menongitis found here on Vancouver Island, BC that is found in the soil and the trees, I decided against getting tests to find out, as we plan on moving and MOST definately will not be having puppies until we are moved. Thank you all for your support. And to let you all know the rest of the puppies are doing wonderfully, and show no signs of any illnesses.

NaNa8
April 2nd, 2006, 04:20 PM
I am so sorry for your loss of your puppy but I am glad that the rest are doing fine.

OntarioGreys
April 2nd, 2006, 04:27 PM
I am very sorry :grouphug:

jesse's mommy
April 2nd, 2006, 05:07 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Beaglemom
April 3rd, 2006, 09:02 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. It is always heartbreaking when a little one who hasn't had a chance at life is so ill. :grouphug: