Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi!

baileysmom2
April 2nd, 2006, 08:45 AM
Hello
I see there is another 'Bailey'smom' here somewhere as I have posted as Baileysmom2! Bailey is a Golden who is app. 3 1/2 mos. old. He is very good and is in the process of being housetrained. I would appreciate any tips on how to get HIM to 'ask' (in any way) to go out. He is just lost on that part. I have had dogs before but never a Golden. This guy is just FABULOUS with kids (as predicted) and smart but a little on the timid side. I would like to be sure that doesn't beome 'worse' though I realize he is but apup. I can't post without recommending my idol Cesar Milan from "The Dog Whisperer' show on the National Geographoc channle (Do a google search) for anybody who hasn't seen him. He will be your guru!!!!!!!!!!!

Frenchy
April 2nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
Hi Baileysmom2,I myself have 3 goldens and one of them is name Bailey!So you must post pictures!A little timid you say,goldens are usually very submissive but become more confortable and confident with time.As for asking for the door,I'm not an expert but make sure to praise Bailey when doing his business outside,positive reinforcement.Good luck!

baileysmom2
April 5th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Yes Bailey gets a lot of praise but he just hasn't caught on to the idea that HE is supposed to 'ask' to go out. How do I posta pic??

Prin
April 5th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the board!

To post a pic, you just press on the "reply" and then when you're in the reply to thread screen, scroll down to "manage attachments" and then you go find your pic, upload it (it has to be max 100kb) and then write your message and you're done!