Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog will not eat and does not move around much

george259
December 9th, 2003, 12:17 PM
My dog is getting older now and will not eat much and doesn't walk around much.Is there anything will can do?We don't have a lot of money so we can't afford to take him to the vet.

mona_b
December 9th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Awwww poor doggie.How old is he?It does sound like he needs to see a vet.He could have a serious medical problem.Is there anyway you can borrow the money?Or sometimes a vet will have a payment plan.Is he drinking?

Lucky Rescue
December 9th, 2003, 01:08 PM
No one here can advise you, since there is a huge number of things that could be wrong with your dog - anything from arthritis to kidney failure to cancer.

You cannot let him suffer and must take him to a vet. Borrow money, put it on a credit card, or work out a post-dated cheque plan with your vet.

Luba
December 9th, 2003, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry but George are you for real or is this a fake post?

Because any level headed individual would find a way to take the dog to a vet.

Have you ever heard of the saying "Where there is a will there is a way" Do you not have the will to make your dog comfortable and seek proper care?

Okay ya'll can 'bark' no pun at me now .... but you know u wanted to say it too!!

mona_b
December 10th, 2003, 03:34 PM
No "barking" here.....Your right......And so is LR.

Murph's Mom
December 11th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Why is it that eveyone seems to think we are all vets with every answer they are looking for !! :mad:

I joined this forum to share information and stories about my pets and perhaps trade lessons learned but never as somewhere to have my animal diagnosed by people who don't know them and have never seem them or know anything about them! I am normally the person who just sits back and reads the posts where all of you let off steam at people like this and shake my head right along with you but this time I coudn't do that - I'm too outraged.

Will you please if your animal appears unwell in any way TAKE THEM TO A VET!!!

My husband needs a heart transplant and believe me I know about the money issues every single person has ever complained about on this site. I however include my pets as part of my family and a RESPONSIBILITY that I have to take care of!

Okay, I think I'm done.

mona_b
December 11th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Now tell us Murph's Mom,didn't that feel good?..hehehehehe..It's good to vent once in a while.

OMG,I am so very sorry to hear about your husband.My thoughts and prayers go out to him,you and your family.HUGS.

Murph's Mom
December 13th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Mona b - you bet it did!! Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!

Thank you, it's been four years and hopefully it will be many more before the day finally comes. It's all the prayers from people like you and the others on this board that let Him know it's not time yet. :)

mona_b
December 13th, 2003, 08:09 PM
That is so true.Where better to vent then here.Oops did I say that out loud..Heheheheheheh.God I'm bad.:eek:

Yes,it will be MANY MANY years.He has a loving wife and family.He can't go anywhere.:)