Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog is sick, no vet

julieburghy
April 1st, 2006, 12:10 PM
Hi I'm on here today cause my german shepherd, Sassy is sick, her vet has gone out of business and I can't find a vet to help me.
She has stopped eating, she's very lathargic, and has a wobbly walk. She acts as if her back end is bothering her. She is most normally very active, she keeps herself clean. But she has not been cleaning herself, and her behavior is as if she is in a daze. She will drink water, and will eat a little of her dog bones, but no food. She just looks like she is going to die. HELP!

jesse's mommy
April 1st, 2006, 12:57 PM
Is there not an emergency vet or an emergency contact at your vets office? This sounds extremely serious, unfortunately there is nothing that can be done from a pet website. You need to find a vet and take your dog to see them face to face.

doggy lover
April 1st, 2006, 01:17 PM
I'd find another vet asap, or an emergency vet clinic if none in your area a regular vet normally has a number that you can call for help. German shepherds can have so many things go wrong, including bloat which can kill in a matter of hours. Please find a vet to look at your dog.

Dragonfly
April 1st, 2006, 02:09 PM
We can not diagnose your dog over the internet. You need to find a vet. A local rescue group may be able to help you witha recommendation in the area.