Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My New Favourite Commercial!

Writing4Fun
March 31st, 2006, 07:34 PM
Dairy Queen - I believe it's called the Blizzard Dream Pie

Scene: Husband & very pregnant wife are sharing a Blizzard.

Husband takes a bite, has a little daydream. He's in the delivery room. The doctor hands him a swaddled bundle. "Congratulations, Mr. Lee. It's a boy."

Back to present. Wife takes a bite, has a little daydream.

She's in the delivery room, holding the video camera, while hubby is lying with the paper towel draped across his knees and the doctor at his feet in the catcher's position. "Come on, honey! One more push!" she coaxes.

Hubby's face turns towards the camera, wracked with pain and fury. "You did this to me!" he grinds out between clenched teeth.

Does anyone else cheer when this commercial comes on? :D :highfive:

Frenchy
March 31st, 2006, 09:18 PM
I never saw that one but any Dairy Queen commercial makes me hungry!It makes me wish I had boyfriend so I could send him to get me some icecream:p

joeysmama
March 31st, 2006, 09:26 PM
I saw this the other night and laughed with a friend over it this morning. Since the husbands fantasy dream is that they hand him a boy I was all set up for hers to be having a girl.

But hers is having HIM in labor. Too cute !!

Writing4Fun
April 1st, 2006, 11:29 AM
Since the husbands fantasy dream is that they hand him a boy I was all set up for hers to be having a girl. Me too! :D

iRONKNiGHT
April 1st, 2006, 05:31 PM
Dairy Queen - I believe it's called the Blizzard Dream Pie

Scene: Husband & very pregnant wife are sharing a Blizzard.

Husband takes a bite, has a little daydream. He's in the delivery room. The doctor hands him a swaddled bundle. "Congratulations, Mr. Lee. It's a boy."

Back to present. Wife takes a bite, has a little daydream.

She's in the delivery room, holding the video camera, while hubby is lying with the paper towel draped across his knees and the doctor at his feet in the catcher's position. "Come on, honey! One more push!" she coaxes.

Hubby's face turns towards the camera, wracked with pain and fury. "You did this to me!" he grinds out between clenched teeth.

Does anyone else cheer when this commercial comes on? :D :highfive:

Okay i've seen this ad and i must admit it just plain Sucks... lol
boringgg!!

have you seen the Roger's cell phone Ad's now those are funny!
like the guy moonwalking and the other guy that goes into a bus stop- boot and then jumps around like he's in a mosh pit with 2 regular people..

ZebbyZeb
April 3rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
Love the Dairy Queen commercial.

How about the one for the Dodge Caliber...."you're one sick puppy" cracks me up every time I see it!:D

badger
April 3rd, 2006, 10:53 AM
I think I may be out in the cold on this one but I loved the Olympic beavers.

Prin
April 3rd, 2006, 11:13 AM
I always like Norm MacDonald- I don't know why, so I'm with you on the beavers. "Yeah the camera adds like 10 pounds..." "I'm standing here looking right at you!":D

I finally saw the dairy queen one... I love how the dad in the stirrups is already sweaty and tired, like he's been in labor for hours...:evil:

SnowDancer
April 3rd, 2006, 11:43 AM
I like the new Royale commercial where the kitten roars like a lion - and puffs up his hair. Reminds me exactly of my Eskimo - does exactly same thing when he is pleased with himself. Actually looks like a small snouted version of my dog. An Eskimo puppy would look cute with the kittens, but since they focus so much on the coloured eyes of the kittens, I would be afraid they would look for a blue eye Eskimo and then people would want said blue eyed Eskimo - and last thing you want is a blue eyed Eskimo - or PRA is pretty much guaranteed as opposed to being just a risk to the breed.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 3rd, 2006, 12:07 PM
I just the Diary Queen One - that is pretty funny oh I dare to dream of my hubby giving birth - I think he would have a whole new respect for me

My favorite commercial (sorry, I can't remember who its for - maybe an investment firm or a credit union or something)

Anyways - this couple is showing off their new deck to this other couple.
The other couple compliments them on their new deck.

Then the women replies "thanks we built it ourselves" then she leans on the post and the whole thing comes crashing down.

LavenderRott
April 3rd, 2006, 01:18 PM
My current fave is a Chysler commercial. A fairy is trying to "zap" the car and ends up on the sidewalk next to a building as this guy walks by with his big tough dog. He says something to the fairy (the line escapes me at the moment) so the fairy zaps him and turns his big, tough dog into a pack of black (and one black and tan) poms!

jjgeonerd
April 3rd, 2006, 01:38 PM
That is a pretty good commercial. DQ has had some good ones lately.

The new VW "unpimp da Auto" commercials are the best in years IMO.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-strikes-again-un-pimp-my-ride-videos/

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 3rd, 2006, 03:14 PM
Lavender Rott
He says something to the fairy (the line escapes me at the moment) so the fairy zaps him and turns his big, tough dog into a pack of black (and one black and tan) poms!

I think he says "stupid little fairy" or "silly little fairy" maybe?????

jiorji
April 3rd, 2006, 03:45 PM
hehehe I love it!! "give it all you got Mr. Lee!!" HAHAHHA oh the irony!

I like the commercials that have thought put into them. I must say that i LOVE the American Express commercial series, with Kate Winslet and Robert Deniro and Ellen. And the Smirnoff Vodka commercials are just so....pretty! lol

and I love the doggy food commercial with the various puppies. The Daschund puppy eating toilet paper is just SO cute! hehe

HunterXHunter
April 4th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I saw that DQ commercial too. It was pretty good, but I gotta admit, my favourite commercial of all time is this Milk commercial.

All you see is different scenes of men trying to buy as much milk as possible: raiding a milk truck and then leave money behind, pushing all the milk into shopping carts in the dairy aisle (sp?), plus a host of others. In the end, there's this scene with this guy coming home with flowers in one hand and a carton of milk in the other, then the line appears (in white w/black bg): "Tests have shown that milk can reduce the effects of PMS" :D :crazy: :D :crazy:

HunterXHunter
April 4th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I also like the Reebok shoe commercial with Iverson in it. The one that goes:

"A jump shot can get you...a shoe deal...exotic cars...a masion...a supermodel...a Swiss bank account. But none of these can get you a jump shot"

Prin
April 4th, 2006, 12:25 PM
An Eskimo puppy would look cute with the kittens, but since they focus so much on the coloured eyes of the kittens, I would be afraid they would look for a blue eye Eskimo and then people would want said blue eyed Eskimo - and last thing you want is a blue eyed Eskimo - or PRA is pretty much guaranteed as opposed to being just a risk to the breed.Even the white cats with blue eyes aren't good genetically. They tend to end up deaf too... I always dread when they use a dog, like a weimeraner or a husky, because people will like the look and run out and buy one, even though they're really hard dogs to train/own.