Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oh, my poor couch!

Skryker
March 31st, 2006, 05:05 PM
It's not bad enough that Bronwyn insists on eating any type of treat (especially carrots!) and playing with toys up on the couch, my monsters love to PLAY on the couch, too! And none too gently, at that.

Skryker
March 31st, 2006, 05:06 PM
They tear around like maniacs-and we're such suckers, we let them. :o Guess I shouldn't complain that much-they do look like they are having fun.

Skryker
March 31st, 2006, 05:07 PM
And this wrestling match was after we came home from a 45 minute walk-guess they weren't tired enough. :evil:

Skryker
March 31st, 2006, 05:08 PM
And Fingal is really a sweet little guy, no matter what this picture looks like. :o

Skryker
March 31st, 2006, 05:11 PM
But I think we need to draw the line somewhere-this is the result of a new toy that I thought was like a nylabone. Turns out it was "edible" and made mostly of corn starch. :mad: I really need to examine the labels better. So, now the couch, like the dogs, is kinda orange and crusty. :yuck: EWWWW!

And the picture does not do the mess justice. Oh, it's bathtime.

dmc123
March 31st, 2006, 05:12 PM
Mine do that same thing! And my couch looks much worse than you. I also have a sectional and I keep it covered, I can't see buying another one that will get messed up too. Right now we have king size sheets on it that we tuck in and remove when they need to be washed. Works pretty well.

Diane

Skryker
March 31st, 2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks, Diane. I've been considering that very thing. We've got a move coming up, though, and we're not sure the couch will survive it. It took 3 guys 4 hours to get the main part of the couch up the stairs and my husband is threatening to take it out of here in much smaller pieces. :D

Frenchy
March 31st, 2006, 09:23 PM
But,the couch looks so comfy!I'm sure they only did it because it's was too noisy on the floor!

Caileag
March 31st, 2006, 09:38 PM
Oh I bought that edible Nylabone before and it gave Caileag stinky farts so I refuse to buy it! LOL PU! :eek:

Looks like they are having a lot of fun! :D

Misty'sMom
April 1st, 2006, 10:13 PM
Sooo sweet. I think dogs just plain love being where they aren't allowed. Misty has claimed our couch. Go near her to get her down and she'll growl and sink even deeper down. Just to make sure she doesn't have to leave.

Prin
April 1st, 2006, 10:28 PM
I think it's the couch's fault. We had a very similar couch growing up and we used to race around the house and do back flips over the back of the couch and then race around again (we did laps) until one day when the back of the sofa snapped off... So we rearranged the living room so that we could use the other (unbroken) section for the races... So ya, it's the couch's fault. It's just made for playing on.

They're two cuties. My favorite color.:D

mummummum
April 1st, 2006, 11:31 PM
What happens...

mummummum
April 1st, 2006, 11:33 PM
goes bad...

mummummum
April 1st, 2006, 11:37 PM
Let's get it Grrrl's !

mummummum
April 1st, 2006, 11:40 PM
Nuh-uh ....

mummummum
April 1st, 2006, 11:42 PM
Must have been that NEW dog...oh yeah, that's right he wasn't here yet. Hmmm I dunno Mum - did ya ask the neighbours ?

mom_to_many
April 2nd, 2006, 10:23 AM
With those faces...I truly believe they are innocent too! :D

SnowDancer
April 2nd, 2006, 10:35 AM
The good news is that you still have a couch. Not just a metal frame.

Skryker
April 2nd, 2006, 12:22 PM
:D The couch IS holding up well, despite being a little crusty from dog slobber. Good thing we had the fabric treatment done when we got it though.

Prin, I know what you mean-the couch we had in the living room when I was a kid had one arm that looked nice and solid-until you leaned against it! We all like d to sit on that arm of the couch and bounce. It made a good horsey. :angel: I don't know why we only picked on that one, but who knows why kids do anything?