Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Those with anti-BSL messages on thier cars

Schwinn
March 31st, 2006, 02:39 PM
Usually I take the GO to work, but since this is my last day before I go on parental leave, I drove downtown, and I saw another car with an anti-BSL sticker, driving like an idiot. Which leads me to this...

Remember, this is basically a public relations war. How do those who are for the ban see owners? As thugs, crooks, and bad people. We're trying to change that perspective, that the MAJORITY of us are good people. If you're going to wear your cause on your sleeve, then it would be in your best interest to be on your best behaviour, so to speak. There were lots of people driving like idiots, but everyone is going to remember the one with the pitbull sticker on the back of thier car. Unfortunatly, if we're identifing ourselves with a cause, then ever action we do, will be associated with that cause. If you drive a truck, and cut someone off, you become "some jerk in a truck". If you happen to have something pitbull related, you become "some pitbull loving jerk".

Just wanted to share my thoughts as I was driving this morning...

Melinda
March 31st, 2006, 03:01 PM
I drive a toyota previa mini van, with 4 baby seats for my daycare, toys litter the floor...and two "my Ontario includes pitbulls" stickers in my window *S* I"m one of the good guys...I think?:crazy:

BoxerRescueMTL
March 31st, 2006, 03:07 PM
I have a bumper sticker that says "Ban stupid people - not dogs" with a pic of a pittie on it. I'm a good driver and so is Chris - so pittie lovers are being well repreented on this side of the border :)

babyrocky1
March 31st, 2006, 08:31 PM
Pitbulliest has pit bull stickers all over her car too! We should call it the"pit Mobile" when sheand Messina come to pick up Rocky and I! I think she drives pretty well for person with a "bully" licking her face as shes driving!:crazy:

pitbulliest
April 2nd, 2006, 07:25 PM
lol thanks Debbie..

yeah aside from the occassional road rage..I try to be a good girl :o

Schwinn
April 2nd, 2006, 10:19 PM
I tend to drive like a jerk, so I have a Liberal sticker and a re-elect Michael Bryant sticker on mine...:crazy:

Seriously, though. Like I said, it was just a thought I had. It made me think of my interview. They asked what "Deeds Speak" meant to me, and I said that "When you're a cop, everyone knows, and you have to always be careful of how you act. As a banker, if I come home and yell at my wife and kick my dog, I'm the jerk next door. As a cop, though, people look at you as the jerk who's a cop next door".

(As an aside, I don't kick my dog, and yell at my wife ;) )

Unfortunatly, that's human nature. Sometimes, when you represent something, it means you aren't allowed to have a bad day or make a mistake. So you have to keep that in mind when you flip someone off in traffic when you're representing the good guys.