Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Officer kills Border Collie/Australian Cross

Luvmypit
March 31st, 2006, 01:39 PM
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1143803330823&col=968705899037&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

Apparently the dog attacked 3 people and the officer. The officer hot the dog.

I just feel aweful for everyone in this situation from the dog owner, the dog and the victims. The only good news is that it made the star and wasn't a pit bull.

pitbulliest
March 31st, 2006, 02:19 PM
I was watching it on TV and my boyfriend was with me...we both just looked at each other and he's like "It wasn't a pit bull!"
And I'm like... "yeah..see how much safer our communities are because of this pit bull ban?"
and we both started laughing..........:) with Bryant in mind of course

Writing4Fun
March 31st, 2006, 02:27 PM
Luvmypit, just out of curiosity, why would you feel sorry for the owners? I heard on the news that neighbours have said this dog has a history of violent behaviour. The dog was running at large, apparently not the first time. IMHO, the owners are clearly at fault here.

Luvmypit
March 31st, 2006, 03:42 PM
Oh I know... I just feel for them b/c although their arses they lost a dog and that I can sympathize with. I do hope they drown in guilt! I agree to what you are saying 100%. Its their fault before the dogs no doubt.

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
March 31st, 2006, 06:29 PM
My sympathies go to the victims -- and the dog, for having a owner who was not responsible. There is no excuse to disobey leash laws.

seeker
April 1st, 2006, 08:29 AM
This is simply one more incident that supports why BSL does not work . The owners are resposible for the dogs behaviour good or bad in almost every case .

chico2
April 1st, 2006, 08:34 AM
I knew it was not a pit-bull,when the breed was not mentioned on the news,I first read the breed of the dog in the paper,a small sideline.
Had it been a pit-bull it would have made the front-page:evil:
I'd say,poor victims,poor dog for having moron owners:sad:

twodogsandacat
April 1st, 2006, 09:01 AM
Animal Control was called to dispose of the animal. Authorities will test the remains to see if the animal was suffering from any medical conditions.

You often see this kind of statement when a dog other than a pit bull attacks AND itís reported. Why would a dog that isnít a pit bull attack? It just doesnít make sense.

It must be sick, rabid or had sun stroke. Only pit bulls attack for no reason.

doggy lover
April 1st, 2006, 01:11 PM
I don't feel sorry for the owners, they are the type to go out and get another dog. Then leave it tied outside and never introduced to people or other dogs and wonder why their dog runs away and attacks someone. Border collies can be agressive dogs too, I have heard many a farmer tell of being bit by a BC. Maybe they are the country version of a pitbull guarding its family in the city?

lezzpezz
April 1st, 2006, 01:46 PM
I heard this on the news this morning, but did not catch what city. Police shot dog after it had attacked several folks including the officer.....

twodogsandacat
April 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM
There was a story of a bite on the Friendship Trail in Port Colborne in a local paper. Friend emailed wondering if it was a pit. Small article....likely not.