- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

bazil being neutered-now teeth pulling?

March 31st, 2006, 10:30 AM
vet called me at work, scared me to death.said he has baby teeth that need pulled, goodness, is that nessasary, teeth come out on their own.and there is a fee,,,!:eek:

March 31st, 2006, 10:42 AM
alot of small dogs need help with their baby teeth. If he is past a certain age then yes do it.

March 31st, 2006, 10:51 AM
he is 7 months:confused:

March 31st, 2006, 10:58 AM
Better to take them out now than wait to see and then have to go for a second anesthetic at a later date.

March 31st, 2006, 12:53 PM
I suppose, yes.Just figures this city is highest to pay for neutering, then they call and ask for more

April 3rd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Is it possible to check with your local ASPCA or your city's animal control? Most of those places offer very reduced/if not free spay/neuter. I got my Albert from my local Anti Cruelty Society, they had neutered him right before I adopted him. A few months later I went back and they cleaned his teeth and pulled a tooth..all for free. The clinic was great and they took awesome care of him. He was a special case because he has a heart murmur and anesthesia puts a big stress on his system.

Just a thought!

But, if they have to pull the tooth, they got him knocked out already, they may as well do you don't have to worry about having to put him under anesthesia again. I know that's why I had to wait several months to do his cleaning..and he needed it bad...Don't stress your puppy more than you have to...