Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

bazil being neutered-now teeth pulling?

loveyadogs
March 31st, 2006, 10:30 AM
vet called me at work, scared me to death.said he has baby teeth that need pulled, goodness, is that nessasary, teeth come out on their own.and there is a fee,,,!:eek:

Rottielover
March 31st, 2006, 10:42 AM
alot of small dogs need help with their baby teeth. If he is past a certain age then yes do it.

loveyadogs
March 31st, 2006, 10:51 AM
he is 7 months:confused:

BMDLuver
March 31st, 2006, 10:58 AM
Better to take them out now than wait to see and then have to go for a second anesthetic at a later date.

loveyadogs
March 31st, 2006, 12:53 PM
I suppose, yes.Just figures this city is highest to pay for neutering, then they call and ask for more

lm9012
April 3rd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Is it possible to check with your local ASPCA or your city's animal control? Most of those places offer very reduced/if not free spay/neuter. I got my Albert from my local Anti Cruelty Society, they had neutered him right before I adopted him. A few months later I went back and they cleaned his teeth and pulled a tooth..all for free. The clinic was great and they took awesome care of him. He was a special case because he has a heart murmur and anesthesia puts a big stress on his system.

Just a thought!

But, if they have to pull the tooth, they got him knocked out already, they may as well do it...so you don't have to worry about having to put him under anesthesia again. I know that's why I had to wait several months to do his cleaning..and he needed it bad...Don't stress your puppy more than you have to...