Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need some info about Rotti rescues

kellyla
March 30th, 2006, 03:21 PM
A guy my husband works has to move and probably cant take his two Rotti's with him.Does anyone know of some rescues which he could contact.He lives near Bolton,Ontario.The dogs are a male,8 years and a female,just turned 3 years.I want to be able to give him some info to work with in case he does have to find them a home or homes.I appreciate any info.Thanks.

Kelly

Rottielover
March 30th, 2006, 03:38 PM
there is only one rescue
they are called adopt a rott....They work out of foster homes in Ontario.....8 years old...So not fair for that poor old man. He only has about 2 years left. Not a nice way to spend your retirement days....Why can he not take him with him. I searched High and low to find a place that would accept my baby.
I would never leave him. I can not picture leaving him when 8 yrs old.....So not fair:sad:

Lucky Rescue
March 30th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I wish these poor dogs luck.:(

Most rescues are full up with stray/abandoned dogs, or dogs who are due to be killed in shelters.

They just don't have the room or resources to deal with pets that owners decide to dump for frivolous reasons.

LavenderRott
March 30th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Here is the link for Adopt-A-Rott in Ontario. http://www.adoptarott.com/

The couple that run it are fabulous people.

BMDLuver
March 30th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Adopt A Rott doesn't generally take owner surrenders I believe.

Rottielover
March 31st, 2006, 08:52 AM
Oh that is true, forgot about that. But I have a feeling they might be dumped, in that case they should be informed

BMDLuver
March 31st, 2006, 09:31 AM
When they are dumped in the shelter, Adopt a Rott will be contacted should they not be deemed adoptable. There are tons of Rotts needing help, these are just two more. :sad:

Rottielover
March 31st, 2006, 09:34 AM
I wish I owned a home, I would love to rescue one. I feel so bad for them, they will not even know what hit them

Lucky Rescue
March 31st, 2006, 09:45 AM
I feel so bad for them, they will not even know what hit them

Me too, especially the 8 year old.:(

But if rescues took in every dog whose owners want it gone because they're moving, getting married/divorced, having a baby or just got new hardwood floors, they couldn't help the ones on death row in the shelters.

kellyla
March 31st, 2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks guys.We have told the guy that worse to comes worst we would take them.He is hoping to find a place where he could take them with him.I am hoping this is what happens.We have a small house and one dog already(our little Pittie,Boston)but I just cant bear to think that this guy is also thinking he may put them down:( Right know I am just trying to give him all of the options so that it doesnt come down this.Thanks for advice.

LL1
April 7th, 2006, 02:31 AM
I agree they are great. It is not run by a couple, but they are wonderful
Here is the link for Adopt-A-Rott in Ontario. http://www.adoptarott.com/

The couple that run it are fabulous people.

Rottielover
April 7th, 2006, 08:32 AM
it is run by Lorrie and her husband, they have many foster homes, and home checkers, but they are the main people involved. They even adopted that sweet blind pup years ago, who is now 3 years old...Frankie

LL1
April 8th, 2006, 01:05 PM
They are great!But it is run by 2 women, Dagmar and Lorrie.Not their partners.They got together when Dagmar was running Caledon Rottweiler Rescue,and then later merged with AAR and now run that rescue.