Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pseudofed for dogs?

qxben
March 30th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Is pseudofed suitable for dogs and would it help my dog with congestion? I am taking him to the vet tomorrow but in the meantime was looking for some relief for my pup.

Thanks.

jessi76
March 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I don't advise giving ANY medication to your dog w/out first seeing and speaking to a vet.

CyberKitten
March 30th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Psudophredrine is a potent med - it is now behind the counters in Canada and the US (in most provinces and states) due to its role in the making of crystal meth!!! It can be dangerous even to humans - esp anyone who has high blood pressure and while it does not indicate this on the box, even ppl with a cardiac condition should not consume it.

Please do not give it to your animal!! Make an appt with a vet and find a proper dog medication that will help him. If it is a virus caused cold, mostly supportive actions will help (antibiotocs only work with baterial infections) but your vet will be able to help you.

I hope he feels better soon!

rainbow
March 30th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Like cyberkiten and jessi76 said....definitely do not give this to your puppy until you speak to your vet.:pawprint:

Prin
March 30th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I agree. Never give meds to a dog without asking the vet first. A lot of decongestants are loaded with tylenol too, which is toxic to dogs in smaller quantities than you think.