Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

HELP! My kitty is sick... i don't want him to die...

Gorgeousgrrly
March 30th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Hey...

I have a neutered male tabby named Max... he was fine and active last night.. but we woke up to him meowing like crazy. :sick: He sounds very much in pain... he's walking with one leg up... and he gets very sore if you try to touch his back or legs. I'm scared he may have an UTI, i'm taking him to the vet in an hour... what can i expect? I don't have very much money and i dont want to have to put him down.... :(

KarineB
March 30th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Hey my baby's name is Max too. I am sorry I have no advice but I am sending good thoughts your way. I am sure the vet will be able to help you and that your little Max will feel better!

LM1313
March 30th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I don't have any advice other than listening to the vet. I'm sorry, I hope everything turns out okay! :grouphug:

CyberKitten
March 30th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Max sounds as tho he is in much pain since cats even with severe pain try to hide it. I would call your vet asap or find the closest vet clinic and bring him in!!

I hope he will be OK and it is nothing too serious!! Good luck!

jawert1
March 30th, 2006, 03:48 PM
When you go in, please ask your vet about payment arrangements. Most vets will be willing to work with you on this rather than put your beloved furry to sleep.

rainbow
March 30th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hear about Max.:sad: :sick: Let us know how you make out. And, yes, most vets will make payment arrangements.

Gorgeousgrrly
March 30th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Thanx for all of your support. :grouphug:
Max is back from the vet and thoroughly sedated. Nothing too terrible, I was just over-reacting to the situation and automatically presumed the worst. The vet checked him out, and he is in a lot of pain, but no broken bones. :eek: Apparently most likely just soft tissue damage sustained from jumping off his cat tree. And the vet bill was surprisingly only $110.:party:
I feel a lot better and so does Max.
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4213/10017340dz.th.jpg (http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10017340dz.jpg)

jawert1
March 30th, 2006, 05:55 PM
poor lil guy, glad to hear he's ok though and thanks for taking him in. i for one don't believe you overreacted at all, you were just doing your best by him :) keep us posted on his recovery

cpietra16
March 30th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Great to hear it:thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
March 30th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Glad to hear! One of my foster kitties hurt herself so badly playing she could barely walk for a week.

Very handsome boy you have!!:)

CyberKitten
March 30th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Thx so much for the update - so happy to hear it was not as bad as you feared!! I hope your kitty will be feleing better soon!

(ed - I typed "felling" at 1st - I guess if cats can climb trees.... that may ne next.