Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog is sick and now mis-behaving in the house...

vzeus56
March 30th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a 4-year old doberman that's been sick the past 2-3 days (vomitting and going #2 - some diarrhea). I think it's my own fault for making her some homemade chicken gravy to mix in with her food, which I've stopped giving her (I thought it was pretty healthy, no spices, etc. just chicken, carrots and celery).

Anyway, she's normally very good i the house. She has an accident every once in a while, but she knows not to do her business in house. The last two nights she went #2 in our living room in the middle of the night. I figured it wasn't her fault because she hasn't been well. However, today I had hour out in the yard for about an hour while I ate lunch. 5 minutes after I let her back in I caught her squating on my living room carpet going #1. So I yelled "NO, bad dog, yada, yada, yada".

She has a routine schedule for her business... My wife and I walk her religiously in the morning and in the early evening, not to mention letting her out numerous times through out the day.

Does my dog now think it's ok to go in the house all of the sudden? Anyone have any suggestions? Just as reference, she's very submissive but can be a bit stubborn sometimes...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
vzeus56

mafiaprincess
March 30th, 2006, 02:04 PM
What did you clean up the indoor messes with?
If it wasn't an enzymatic cleaner, it may still smell like a toilet to your pet, and some cleaners can intensify rather than clean up smells.

Prin
March 30th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Have you been to the vet? Maybe there is still something wrong. Dobies tend to be prone to cancers and have very delicate health. There could be a bigger problem causing the symptoms. Were there onions in the gravy? That could be causing serious trouble too. Because I've had 2 sensitive dobies before, I'd probably go to the vet for this, just to be sure these aren't signs of something else.