Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my cat got fixed but still pee ever where

lady81ca
December 7th, 2003, 03:49 PM
i have a friendly male cat. he will be one year old on Feb. He got fixed when he was 6 month old . recently he started to pee every where in the house. he is an indoor cat . can you help me what to do? thanks my email is lady81ca@yahoo.com14 i have a friendly male cat. he will be one year old on Feb. He got fixed when he was 6 month old . recently he started to pee every where in the house. he is an indoor cat . can you help me what to do? thanks my email is lady81ca@yahoo.com

Lucky Rescue
December 7th, 2003, 05:38 PM
If he recently started this, he needs to go to the vet. Urinary tract infections will make cats avoid the litterbox, due to discomfort.

He may need antibiotics.

MalsInOz
December 8th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Oh yes, the fixed male peeing everywhere, we've got/had one of them and it's far from pleasant!

We had major probs with our boy till we changed from recycled enviro-friendly litters to standard grit type litter. Now our boy will at least use the litter tray if it's perfectly or near perfectly clean -thank heavens.

Luckily we're able to let him outside all day everyday - which is his main aim in life these days other than eating, attacking the dogs or getting cuddles - so we rarely have problems now.

Standard questions for me would be-

Have you changed the type of litter you're using?
Have you moved his litter tray?
Does he only do it when his litter is not perfectly clean?

If none of the above and he's not just an outside cat having to live indoors then it's probably worth having him checked by the vet.

Mals