Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing Princess

Beaglemom
March 30th, 2006, 09:48 AM
This is Princess, our newest family member. She is a Bichon/Pom mix. We've had her now for a couple of weeks.

This picture was taken on her first night with us.

Beaglemom
March 30th, 2006, 09:50 AM
This is Princess with her favourite bear.

Beaglemom
March 30th, 2006, 09:51 AM
This is Princess taking a break from her toy to look at the camera.

Beaglemom
March 30th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Princess playing with a paper towel roll.

Beaglemom
March 30th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Princess playing with one of her other favourite toys.

Beaglemom
March 30th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Princess playing with her bear again. This has to be one of her absolute favourites. She bites it to hear it squeak and she shakes it vigorously.

Beaglemom
March 30th, 2006, 09:59 AM
I couldn't resist one more. This is Princess caught destroying a paper napkin.

jessi76
March 30th, 2006, 10:08 AM
awww... she's too cute! congrats on the new addition! post more pics of the little princess anytime!

Beaglemom
March 30th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks. There will definitely be more pics coming! I'm still trying to get some of her on her hind legs doing her meal dance!

I'd love to get a picture of Misty and Princess together, but that is proving to be quite a challenge. Misty runs from me when she sees a camera, Princess runs towards me. When they are together, Princess jumps all over Misty while Misty tries to get away!

jessi76
March 30th, 2006, 10:18 AM
lol... a dancing princess?! can't wait to see it! I really love her champagne coloring... and she looks VERY soft.

btw... my dog hates the "mumma-razzi" too (as we call it... when I chase him w/ the camera)... always a challenge!

CyberKitten
March 30th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Oh my goodness, how cute she is!!!! You - and she - and fortunate to have found each other. I too love her colouring.

Writing4Fun
March 30th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Adorable! Hey! You can call her "Prin" for short! :D I'm sure the 'real' Prin won't mind. ;)

SnowDancer
March 30th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I want to see Princess dancing! Absolutely adorable - and I can see that lovely fur growing around her neck. Bring on the topical heartworm. 2 seconds to do Misty and 20 minutes for Princess. Princess would love the Mr. Tango toy I get for El - really the only soft toy I buy him because he so adores it (to death).

KarineB
March 30th, 2006, 02:07 PM
She looks like a little teddy bear herself. I think if I had her I would probably cuddle her to death!

Beaglemom
March 30th, 2006, 04:13 PM
She definitely is great. We are extremely fortunate to have her. She is extremely playful and always wants attention, which of course we are all more than willing to provide!

I'm going to try to get her to do her mealtime dance long enough to take some good pictures. When she notices someone reaching for her (or Misty's) bag of food/treats, she will start her little dance. She gets up on her hind legs and walks around the kitchen. My mom is going to try to train her to do it on command.

Snowdancer, I'm going to look into that toy. Princess shakes her toys and growls at them. So far her little teddy bear has been able to withstand all her abuse. The big red one though has already required some repair work! She loves to play tug of war, pull hair and bite ears! Oh yeah, she also loves to pull your pant legs when you are not paying attention to her.

Prin
March 30th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Adorable! Hey! You can call her "Prin" for short! :D I'm sure the 'real' Prin won't mind. ;)
lol funny story, eh, I'm only Prin because my grandmother didn't finish writing my name on her calendar on my birthday and we thought it was funny, and it stuck.

So no, I don't mind. lol so many dogs have my name. She can be Prinny or Principesa or Princey.... Let me know if you need s'more. I've got 'em all.:D (But if you yell "Princess" or "Prin", you might get your dog plus a human... :o)

She's such a cutie. I can't even imagine how soft that fur is.

happycats
March 30th, 2006, 05:56 PM
OMG she looks EXACTLY like a puppy I saw in the Pickering flea market, and she too was a Bichon/Pom!!

Beaglemom
March 31st, 2006, 07:56 AM
Prin, Writing4Fun, you guys are hilarious! I think for the time being we will have to call Princess by her full name. Once she fully recognizes it as her own, then the nicknames and short forms will happen! I will probably take you up on your offer Prin!

OMG she looks EXACTLY like a puppy I saw in the Pickering flea market, and she too was a Bichon/Pom!!

Wow, really? Princess was definitely not from a flea market. I can't believe that puppies are still available at flea markets! I'm completely against pet stores and flea markets selling pets. I haven't been to the Pickering one in at least 8 years. Poor puppies, who knows what fate has in store for them.:(

happycats
April 3rd, 2006, 07:06 AM
They have a whole bunch of puppies there:sad: It's really sad.
I make loud comments every time I go there:evil: How they are all puppy mill puppies!! The ladies there get upset, saying that the breeder LOVES all her puppies, and they are all hand/home raised. I then say. If she loved them SO much, she wouldn't be peddling them at a flea market!!!

Sorry for going off topic:o Princess is as cute as a button!! :love:

Prin
April 3rd, 2006, 11:00 AM
Princess is as cute as a button!! :love:
Thanks! Oh... wait... you meant the little doggy, right?:o lol Kidding, there's no doubt who you're talking about.:D