Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Akita Puppy In Montreal

technodoll
March 29th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Urgent cry for help, my female akita puppy ran away from me this morning (she got scared by a loud garbage truck, the leash slipped from my hands and she bolted!).

On the plateau, Laurier metro station - we have combed the neighborhood to no avail, we are desperate and completely freaked out - she had her collar & tags this morning, was attached to a flexi-leash, and is microchipped BUT there is so much traffic around here :( :(

should i call the spca? she has been gone an hour, what should i do except keep looking and calling? please help! we are devastated!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dd38b3127cce979966aea85700000016108BauGbZoxbi

angie79
March 29th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Good luck to you!!!!:fingerscr

keep us updated!

Lucky Rescue
March 29th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Well, if she had her tags on, hopefully someone who finds her will be honest and bring her back.

Do not call the SPCA. You must go there every day and check for yourself to see if she's there.

In the meantime, plaster her picture all over the neighbourhood, at your vet, petfood stores etc.

Hopefully this will make her so visible that anyone thinking of keeping her might change their minds.

Good luck and please let us know if you get your baby back!!!

technodoll
March 29th, 2006, 08:58 AM
i will make posters today and start putting them up everywhere, and pray she is found by a kind soul... my heart is shattered right now. i did call the spca and they referred me to the Berger Blanc that covers my neighborhood, so i called the BB and they referred me back to the spca, then put me on hold until i hung up. i'll have to go there myself today, to both places. what a great start to the recovery effort :(

poodletalk
March 29th, 2006, 08:58 AM
The VP of Steri-Animal lives right beside Laurier Metro. I just called her and she's going out looking for the pup. What is her/his name?

technodoll
March 29th, 2006, 09:05 AM
oh thank you so much... her name is Maika, she just turned 5 months old and is very skittish right now... she responds to English rather than French.

i just pray her collar did not slip off, and if it did, her microchip will help identify her.. and that she is still safe and not injured somewhere... hubby had to go work but will be back later so i can make another run through the neighborhood.... i can't leave my damn house right now, contractors are changing doors and windows and i have to stay here... there is never a good timing for these things but this is the WORST situtation ever ... my poor baby, i ache for her so much... :( :(

Lucky Rescue
March 29th, 2006, 09:32 AM
You can try posting her here too:

http://www.canadastrays.com/search/species.asp?prov=QC

One other thing: When you post signs, you might say she is an Akita MIX, so someone doesn't think "Oh, boy a valuable purebred dog I can breed".

Offer a reward, but do not mention an amount.

poodletalk
March 29th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Technodoll, I sent you a PM with the lady's phone number who's out looking for your dog. Leave her a message with all the information about your dog.

Rottielover
March 29th, 2006, 09:42 AM
I am so soryy, poor thing in a middle of a fear period to boot. I hope she is found safe and sound...You must be sick to your stomache with worry

technodoll
March 29th, 2006, 10:15 AM
thank you poodletalk, i PM'd you back... luckyrescue, i will go post on the forum link you sent and thank you for the hint on what to put on the poster, you never know what people might think when they spot a nice dog... a sweet puppy, on top of that... i only pray she is alive right now, hiding somewhere until she feels safe enough to make her way home... if she has not run too far away and is lost.

i am lost without her.

catsnatcher-CDN
March 29th, 2006, 10:26 AM
technodoll,

I'm in the CDN area but across a huge parc where a few lost dogs sometimes find their way... I'll keep an eye out, you never know

Rottielover
March 29th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Does she have a breeder tatoo ??? someone also might bring her back to the breeder.

technodoll
March 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM
thank you everyone for your kind help... she does not have a tattoo but is microchipped, and her tags say she is microchipped... i am just wondering why my phone has not rung yet, this is bad news...

posters will go up soon... vet has been called also....

badger
March 29th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I hope none of this information is necessary and your dog is now back safe and sound. If not, here are a few more ideas. Forgive me if some earlier posters covered the same ground.

Distribute "Lost" flyers, with a recent picture, in your neighbourhood: poles, alleys, veterinary clinics, convenience stores, grocery stores, pet shops, internet sites, newspaper ads. Posters sometimes get ripped down. Check daily, and replace them.

Ask people in your neighbourhood if they have seen him. Some people don't look at posters but if you put the flyer under their nose, it may jog their memory.

Contact the Berger Blanc, SPCA, or any other animal rescue organization in your area. Call/email them & go there in person every day. Fill out lost reports & leave the flyer (picture).

Who to call/email/where to go...

Berger Blanc
9825 Henri Bourassa East
Montreal, Quebec
H1C 1G5
Tel: 514-494-2002
info@bergerblanc.com
www.bergerblanc.com

Jean Talon SPCA Montreal
5215 Jean Talon Ouest
Montreal, Quebec
Tel: 514-735-2711
info@spca.com
www.spca.com

Post "Lost" ads...

http://www.petfinder.com/post/classifiedhop.html
http://www.leuleu.qc.ca/
http://www.sergev.com/francais/frampfr.htm
http://www.canadastrays.com/search/...rov=QC&type=cat
http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/quebec.html
http://www.bestfriends.com/index.htm

Prin
March 29th, 2006, 11:49 AM
OMG that's so horrible! I hope you find her.:fingerscr :fingerscr

technodoll
March 29th, 2006, 01:02 PM
she is alive and well!!! oh thank god for miracles and for all of you!!

my good friend and dogsitter Daniel came home from work and got my voice message, we worked out a plan for posters, then he went up to his landlord's place (his dog Byron gets babysat there by granny) and guess who was there too??? our little princess!!! Daniel called me immediately and couldn't believe it himself!

she apparently made her way all to his place (about 15 blocks where she was lost), dodging cars and a 6-lane boulevard, and sat in front of his door for over 2 hours, a torn-to-pieces flexi still tied to her collar (it got run over by a car, i saw the tire marks)... the granny thought it was strange so she called her in (Maika knows Byron so she went in really fast), they fed her and gave her water but never thought to call the phone numbers on her tag because they figured Daniel knew this dog and would take care of it when he got home... :eek:

hubby was on his way home with 60 posters when i called and screamed the good news, can you spell relief and incredulation (is that even a word!) - i am about to faint from this 2nd chance. Maika was SOOO happy to see me, she jumped in my arms and covered me with kissies.. she is now fast asleep on her bed, exhausted from her adventures no doubt...

if i ever doubted in miracles, i am completely convinced now that Angels do exist. thank you everyone for all your help, you have been invaluable. god bless you. :angel:

poodletalk
March 29th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Can you call the person at Steri-Animal to let her know? Thanks!

Great news about your dog!!! :) :pawprint:

cpietra16
March 29th, 2006, 01:19 PM
GREAT NEWS...I am soooo glad it was her collar that had the tire tracks...congratulation on having a very smart dog...

angie79
March 29th, 2006, 01:35 PM
great news!!!!:highfive:
:grouphug:

Funny how the pups know where to go!!!

Lucky Rescue
March 29th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Wow...a miracle. Some puppy angel must have been watching over her.

So glad she's home!!!!

catsnatcher-CDN
March 29th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Oh good for you! I was gonna say that animals seem to be pulled to a place where there's the scent of other animals... probably why the parc across the street attracts most strays.

:angel:

chico2
March 29th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Technodoll,tears are flowing freely,I am soooooo glad you found her,I can imagine how you must have felt when you saw her again:thumbs up
Watch out for garbage-trucks!!!

Prin
March 29th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Yey! That's good news. :highfive:

technodoll
March 29th, 2006, 04:18 PM
thank you so much everyone... please hug your babies for me, you think you love them with all your heart until something like this happens, then you know they ARE your whole heart... i swear this morning i aged by 10 years :sick:

cpietra16
March 29th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Yup....they sure can age you real fast:D

CyberKitten
March 29th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Just saw this thread and was going to cpy info for someone else seeking an akita but am sooooo thrilled your baby is home. Great news!!!!!! Oh Happy Day!!! :thumbs up