Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Call for photo-shop art!!

babyrocky1
March 28th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Hi all, I was just going through some of the other lists and found a really cool photoshop type poster, there were at one time tons of really powerful poster type things that people had done and posted all over. Im wondering if anyone has any or could find any for the Rock-a-Bash to display. Some of the ones passing around on the internet are great and I would love to use them but there is no ones name attached to ask permission, does anyone know what the rules are around that.
Also does any one remember how to get to that site that people in Denver made were all the Pitties were apologising? Some of them were amazing. We have the art gallery but that will be taken up with another political show so I would like to have lots of powerful political statements around for people who dont know a whole lot about this issue to see! Also those of you that can,,, could make some!:D

babyrocky1
March 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM
hope this works

Cathy1
March 28th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I don't know if this is the site you are looking for but you can check it out.
http://www.sorryagain.com

Lucky Rescue
March 28th, 2006, 10:07 PM
That dog is sweet Lexi, and she is owned by Pittymomma who posts on this board sometimes.

Hope that helps.

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Yes it does Lucky, I will ask PittyMoma if we can use it for the Bash! Does anyone else have anything? If you dont you could always make it now.....;)

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Thats a good one Cathy, I think its based on the one I was thinking of but I dont know how to get permission to use some of the images, not for sale or anything. just to display them on the day of the bash...any ideas of how we could do this?

Lucky Rescue
March 29th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I can try making one using my Chloe, but am not very good at graphic stuff...

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Try it Lucky, lots of your photos are really great! Im trying to find a little mac computer, my daughter and i share a G4 but its more than I need, but I want to get a programme so I can make those things too, something much simpler than photoshop, I think some of the digital cameras come with that software...anyone know a program that might be EASY for ME to learn? Keeping in mind that I still cant post a pic on the site bymyself, its the sizing thing...:confused:

wdawson
March 29th, 2006, 07:14 PM
i have this pic if your interested.......if you can think of a catch phrase i will photoshop it in. if your looking for this type of photo?

Cathy1
March 29th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Babyrocky1

They have 2 email addresses, they may be able to help you.

chakorescue@gmail.com
sorrydogs@sorryagain.com

Lucky Rescue
March 29th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Let me know what you think of this.....I was kind of thinking of saying something like "A criminal in Ontario, a best friend in Quebec"...????

I don't know. Give me a suggestion!

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Hey thanks guys....Imm not great at thinking of these things either, my daughter is though, illl show them to her, and thanks for those emails. Ill get on that from home-Im at work now, the Ontario Quebec thing is good though. What about something like PHEW glad I live in Quebec.. I was also thinking that we haave a screen in teh space were the band will be, maybe turning some of them into slides that would just go on through the party...hmmmm I really want it to be as political as possible, so that everywher you look theyll be "bullys" making a "statement" Is that your pup WDawson? Okay guys put on your thinking caps and get a caption for Wdawsons pic...:)

mummummum
March 29th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Ohhhh ALL these pix are so heart-wrenching. Wayne, all I can think of when I see your puppy was that we are all born innocent. Lucky Rescue, I wonder if you inserted the word convicted in there somehere - it might be more powerful ie. "Your Best Friend in Quebec is a Convicted Criminal Without a Trial in Ontario".

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2006, 09:18 PM
actually Lucky I think the first one you came up with for that photo is best, the criminal in Toronto/ Best friend in Quebec.

wdawson
March 29th, 2006, 09:23 PM
yep........8 weeks then.........now 11months and 56lbs later , i'll ask some friends for some type of captions...see what i can come up with

wdawson
March 29th, 2006, 09:55 PM
innocent........but guilty
i'm cute......but a monster
born free
what am i guilty of ?
i'm as dangerous........AS YOU

I've got your scent....i'm coming for you bryant (just kidding on this one..lol )

i'll come up with more

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Your pup is soo cute Wayne! I like em all. Mummumum yes that does make it more poweful. "Convicted without a trial" I have a re ally great pic of Rocky smiling that I want a caption for. I have to figure out how to post it. Its a really funny smile and the place I had it printed had one printed for themselves to hang up. I was thinking of something like "mom just told me I havae a really good lawyer! Ill number sixteen ya Bryant!

catsnatcher-CDN
March 29th, 2006, 10:21 PM
got one...

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Cathy, thankyou, I just emailed them. It would be good if we could get a bunch of pets .ca people to do them though! I think people did at some point. Werent there at least some disparaging Bryant ones???They would be most welcome as well. Who did Bryant wearing a muzzle, did that originate here?

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2006, 10:29 PM
got one...LOL. ttoooo funnny LOL:highfive:

babyrocky1
March 29th, 2006, 10:34 PM
How bout a chart saying "Can you spot the Sleezeball Politician?" and have sixteen unflattering (as if theres any other kind) pics of Bryant but they are all #16!!!!Get it Hun?Hun?

Lucky Rescue
March 30th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Hmmm..on second thought, I better not mention Quebec, since the treatment of animals here has always been rather barbaric and shameful.

Catsnatcher, that is hilarious!

Luvmypit
March 30th, 2006, 04:09 PM
How about

I voted for the Liberals and all I got was a lousy muzzle (for the first pic)

babyrocky1
March 30th, 2006, 10:25 PM
How about

I voted for the Liberals and all I got was a lousy muzzle (for the first pic) Thats a good one Luvmypit but we cant use her pic, we need an original.

jesse's mommy
March 30th, 2006, 10:31 PM
You can use this picture if you want, but I don't have photoshop. But anything I can do to help, I'm here.

Prin
March 30th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Maybe I'll go visit my bro this weekend and get some of his doggies. His are the big mean-looking kind. :D

mummummum
March 31st, 2006, 01:18 AM
Seeing that kitty with the full leather mask makes me cringe but it made me think of a set up for a very emotionally evocative and powerful photograph:
A head shot of a bully with truly sorrowful, pleading eyes with a leather bucket muzzle and the caption "Who will speak for me?".

pittymomma
March 31st, 2006, 11:01 AM
The picture of the dog is the muzzle with the slogan JUSTICE OR JUST US ?
Is one of my gals not Lexxy though- thats Coffee.

What exactly did you want the picture for?

You can email me off list if you like
veronicahamilton@hotmail.com

pittymomma
March 31st, 2006, 11:05 AM
Who did Bryant wearing a muzzle, did that originate here?

I had a friend make that for me. If you want the original picture I can email it to you off list.

V

Lucky Rescue
March 31st, 2006, 11:06 AM
Is one of my gals not Lexxy though

Oh pooh - I was close!!:D

pittymomma
March 31st, 2006, 11:33 AM
HAHHA thats ok P!!!

I have another poster..

http://pic11.picturetrail.com/VOL388/2171583/7640826/136432734.jpg

V

babyrocky1
March 31st, 2006, 08:46 PM
thats a great shot Jessies mom, Ill get Shannon, my daughter to think of something shes good at slogans and photo shop.

wdawson
March 31st, 2006, 09:41 PM
for the pic above how about........although some might take offence and non intended.

ontario's holocost

21st century holocost

babyrocky1
March 31st, 2006, 10:35 PM
We have learnt from experience, although that is the way some of us feel, that when reaching out to the public at large, which is what I want to do with these posters, those references just tick people off. Bryant used that against us in his testimony at the committee hearings, (the fact that someone compared the p bull thing with the holocaust) as did some dumb a$$ reporters, four days of commitee hearings and those are the kinds of things that were reported and taken out of context.

marko
April 1st, 2006, 05:26 PM
Please obtain permission from ADMIN before posting similar threads.

Im wondering if anyone has any or could find any for the Rock-a-Bash to display. Some of the ones passing around on the internet are great and I would love to use them but there is no ones name attached to ask permission, does anyone know what the rules are around that.

If you don't know the rules...ask first.

Thanks

Marko
ADMIN