Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bad smeeling vomit and not eating

Sonyman
December 6th, 2003, 08:52 PM
W have a 3 year old long hair Sharpie. He was boarded for Thanksgiving break for the first time. Since he has been back he has throwing up a clear real light yello-red tint fluid and has a very rotten smell coming from his mouth and vomit. He does not seem very active and we have not seen him eat much of anything or drink. His eyes where mucked up. We cleaned them and checked to make sure they were not rolled. He can see better now but the health behavier has not changed. Any Ideas?

Lucky Rescue
December 6th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Any kind of foul smell combined with vomiting - vet asap.

Sonyman
December 6th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Can not till Monday. Anything I can do to make him confortable? Any idea what it is? Infection?

Lucky Rescue
December 6th, 2003, 11:47 PM
He could have contracted an illness in the kennel, he could have eaten something toxic that is poisoning him, or causing kidney/liver failure....who knows. No one here can advise you on what to do since we have no idea what is causing this.

Whatever it is, it's serious and he is suffering. Has he been sick like this since Thanksgiving??

Luba
December 6th, 2003, 11:48 PM
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL MONDAY

Go somewhere!! Why do u have to wait until Monday

If your vet is closed go elsewhere!!

The last person that waited their dog died!!!!!!

Carina
December 7th, 2003, 06:28 AM
I sincerely hope you can get him to a vet...how is he now?
This does sound serious - either poisoning or perhaps a blockage. Both can easily kill a dog.

This is NOT something you should put off. People come on here & state their dog is gravely ill, but for whatever reason they won't go to the vet.

Then we hear the dog died - or we never hear the outcome & I suspect in those cases the dog died too. :(