Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bleeding paw

Dog Dancer
March 28th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Halo walks alot on concrete, and on occasion, especially if she has been running around on the concrete patio at full blast, will get very, very minor bleeding from the bottom of her pads. It doesn't last very long at all when I notice it. It's very light and doesn't seem to bother her at all, she gets more nervous when I try to see where it's coming from. So I was just wondering if I should be using any type of pad conditioners or something like that? It's definitely spring here, no snow or salt to deal with, so it's not a weather related issue. She's almost 6 now so it's not that her feet are just puppy feet and very soft. Any suggestions?

Prin
March 28th, 2006, 04:15 PM
I don't know if conditioners would soften them more, making them more easily cut?

Dog Dancer
March 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I knew I'd hear from you Prin. You're so good at this stuff. That's what I was wondering too so I just sort of wondered if anybody else uses anything or has a similar issue. Like I said it's so minor and doesn't bother her at all, just leaves little tiny spots on the tile floor sometimes or else I wouldn't even know it was happening. I just feel bad for her because I know I don't like it when my feet are cracked.

Prin
March 28th, 2006, 06:13 PM
If they crack because they're dry, then I'd use something on them. I use "Protecta-Pad" on Jemma. It's mentholated so it's really soothing for those sore paws. (Don't put it on open sores though..) But if the cuts are just from running on rough pavement (and they're not dry), they'd have to toughen up... I don't know how you'd do that other than running on pavement...