Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

newly neutured dog-my neighbour

loveyadogs
March 28th, 2006, 02:46 PM
her dog was neutured yestrday, he has a cone on and I went to check on him , as she is still at work. when i went in, he had a ..how do I say, a very large erection will yellow ooze coming out, it went on my pants, and the erection was very large and bright red. I know she will be home soon, and my dog is being done friday, wondered if this is "normal"...not sure what the yellow was, but chnaged when i got home so my dogs didnt sniff it

LavenderRott
March 28th, 2006, 03:29 PM
That doesn't sound real normal to me, I think I would call the vet.

loveyadogs
March 28th, 2006, 03:34 PM
i went back over, and still an erection., the surgery area looks fine, black stitches in place, but his pee area is yellow and ...bulging if you will. She is at work, not sure what to do here, will try her cell

LavenderRott
March 28th, 2006, 03:40 PM
That sounds like your best bet. I haven't had to neuter a male dog in forever (I prefer females) but that yellow stuff sounds like puss and could mean an infection. Please remember, I am not a vet and sure can't see it, but your vet (or your neighbor's vet) would be able to answer your questions better.

loveyadogs
March 29th, 2006, 07:56 AM
:eek: she didnt seem a bit concerned ...so i told her what i saw and hopefully she doesnt ask me to go look in on him today!

rainbow
March 29th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I`ve had several male dogs neutered and have never seen anything like that.:eek: Why don`t you phone your vet (since she doesn`t care) and ask if there`s anything to be concerned about. Let us know.

loveyadogs
March 29th, 2006, 01:14 PM
good idea! i am not going over there today!we..maybe I will as I feel bad