Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Mississauga!

Esaunders
March 28th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Hello all,

We're adding an English Setter pup to our 2 cat hoursehold and thought I'd pop in and say hi!! :love:

jesse's mommy
March 28th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Please post lots of pictures when your new arrival gets settled in!!! :D

SnowDancer
March 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Looking forward to seeing pictures. I am familiar with the English Setter - so I know you must have had to look hard for a breeder in Ontario (we live in Toronto). I like to stay at a little inn in Chianti - the owners have an English Setter - Mosquito - she is nearly 10 now. Gorgeous dog - a bit smaller than the norm which is how they were able to rescue her. Breeder couldn't show her - thankfully - she has a wonderful life. And loves me - she sits at my table at dinner. I did some enquiries into the finding an English Setter in July 2004 - our last darling Dachshund had died. Finally heard back from a couple of breeders after we had adopted an American Eskimo pup. Actually the innkeeper told me that she hasn't seen too many English Setter pups in Italy either in recent years. There is a Gordon Setter somewhere is my neighbourhood. Just a thought, but maybe consider basic pet insurance - not the $80 a month plans, but a middle of the road plan. Just in case - as with all breeds the English Setter is susceptible to a few particular ailments. Again, can't wait to see pictures.

chico2
March 28th, 2006, 05:04 PM
ESaunders,welcome to the Forum,I am sure you'll need some advice about introducing your kitties to a new puppy,it's not always that easy.
However there are lots of good people here to help you out:thumbs up

Frenchy
March 28th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Anyone that has an irish or english setter HAS to post picture!!PLease!Really.

Esaunders
March 28th, 2006, 06:54 PM
I got lucky with the timing on this one I guess. He's actually between 4 & 5 months old.

You're right, there aren't very many english setter breeders in ontario. (especially show vs. field style) I've been fortunate that the ones that I've talked to here (Reidwood) and in BC (Fantail) have been absolutely wonderful to speak with and very generous with their time. Really great people with gorgeous dogs.

The introduction to the kitties should be interesting, any suggestions other than let them sort it out in a reasonable space?