Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yard Makeover

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Okay for the 8 years we have lived in our house I have always hated the yard- Well now after all these years we are finally getting a nice yard.

Just sharing some before and during pics - poor Joey doesnt really have yard to go out in right now - bu that will change in a few weeks.

Oh we arent doing any of it ourselves - so credit due here - !! thought I's share anyhow :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 09:58 PM
here is the before deck

wdawson
March 27th, 2006, 09:58 PM
wheres the before pics?

wdawson
March 27th, 2006, 09:59 PM
oh there they are

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 09:59 PM
before in our backyard

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 10:01 PM
:D the stairs are getting rebuilt probably curved so not to block the house - and the ground floor patio is going in here along with the hot- tub.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 10:04 PM
this is where the patio will go - and the window will become a door so we can actually go out side -

wdawson
March 27th, 2006, 10:04 PM
when i see your location,i assume that you are in some log house in the middle of no where.........then i see you are in a sub-division.....guess i should not think that if you are not in a big city then you are in the country.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Now here is the during this is what I came home to today. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I am scared to stand out here right now. :eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 10:10 PM
you think this is bad just wait till they remove the stairs - I guess we'll be bungy jumping off the deck. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 10:12 PM
this is sort of more of a before pic - but thats inside where the patio door will go - we wanted a french door but apparently its not wide enough unless we totally cut into the house. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Wdawson= when i see your location,i assume that you are in some log house in the middle of no where.........then i see you are in a sub-division.....guess i should not think that if you are not in a big city then you are in the country.

nope no log cabin ;) - but on the road right behind us is all farms and acerages and even a log cabin or two. :D

Bushfire2000
March 27th, 2006, 10:33 PM
It looks great. I'd be happy with your befores nevermind how great the afters are going to be. Looking forward to more pictures.

Prin
March 27th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Hey that pic with the bulldozer looks like my childhood back yard! lol We lived on the side of a mountain, and no sun would ever hit the back yard so it just stayed muddy all summer... :D

Pets.ca bbq is at your place (once the hot tub is fully installed and you know how to sterilize the water really well...). :D

Good luck. I hope it's not too disrupting for too long.

Oh ya, LOL wdawson for your step by step impatience. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:05 PM
there is more couldnt find the darn cable for the camera for a few days. :D

this is day three

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:06 PM
its coming along

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Joey's checking out where the new patio is going to be

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Joey checking it out. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:13 PM
This is today - its all coming together.

our new deck the top is a trelace I think it will be covered with grapes vines

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:15 PM
landscaping is now going in - the centre is going to be concrete with stones around the outside - and a fire pit in the corner to roast weanies for Joey Woey. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:17 PM
just a closer view.

Prin
March 30th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Lookin' good!:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:19 PM
here is the deck - hopfully the stairs will be next - Joey doesnt understand why he cant go in the backyard

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:22 PM
here is the view from the upper deck

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:24 PM
another upper deck view - thats all for now folks - hope your not getting bored of the extreme makeover pics

jesse's mommy
March 30th, 2006, 09:31 PM
It's looking so wonderful. I can't wait to see the pictures of when it's done. Keep putting up the work in progress pictures. I love watching that stuff.

Writing4Fun
March 31st, 2006, 02:19 PM
the top is a trelace I think it will be covered with grapes vines You're braver than I am! I could never have grape vines around my living space. Too many wasps and hornets in the area. I'd have infestations in no time. What would be the point of redoing the whole yard if I never set foot in the backyard because of all the creepy crawlies? :eek: :p Another thing to think of with the grape vines - when they fall, it'll be all over your lower deck (and the hot tub). Squishy! :yuck: Better to put in some nice clematis. At least then you might get a hummingbird or two along with the creepy crawlies - makes it more worthwhile. ;) But, hey, that's just me. I'm extremely jealous that you're getting your whole yard made over.

Looks great so far, though! Can't wait to see the completed project (just might steal some ideas from you :D ).

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 31st, 2006, 08:46 PM
Writing for fun
I don't think its grape vine actually but I am not sure what it is - I'll have to go look at the tag when I have a chance.

Here is today I have totally lost track of how many days now??:D

jesse's mommy
March 31st, 2006, 08:46 PM
What about some jasmine? It climbs too and it has such a wonderful smell. It's also something that will survive the cold winter. It'll basically hibernate for the winter and bloom again in the warmer weather and no creepy cralies and not squishies.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 31st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Rock Garden for easy maintenance less weeds and way less grass - and less gas for the lawn mower too.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 31st, 2006, 08:49 PM
The boys exploring their new digs. They've already turned over one of the big rocks. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 31st, 2006, 08:51 PM
A little circle garden around one of the trees - and they planted 3 more.
The paving stones and the concrete she be put in pretty soon.
We are also getting a fish pond and a water fall too.

phoenix
March 31st, 2006, 09:53 PM
oh, what will joey think of the fish? hehe

Bushfire2000
April 3rd, 2006, 10:20 PM
Such great pictures. I'm filled with envy. It looks os good. Keep the pictures coming.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 4th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Okay here are days 6 and 7 they are supposed to be done tommorow. Does anyone have a pickup we can borrow to go get the hottub. :D I'll let you eat popcorn in it. :D

The hottub is going on the left-so its not to close to either neigbour and well proably put up a trelace or something for privacy

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 4th, 2006, 08:44 PM
This is the centre - my mom is sending us some antique Rot iron patio furniture its been in our family for more than 100 years - only thing is she painted it a hideous bright yellow so we'll have sand blast it and get it more natural looking again.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 4th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah !! stairs except the cement isnt quite dry and their is no railing yet.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 4th, 2006, 08:49 PM
There will be some grass on the other side of the stone circle but way less then before - I can deal with mowing less grass - and Joey and the kids can explore the mountainous terrain.:D

Luvmypit
April 5th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Did you say hot tub and popcorn?? :D

It looks great! Im jealous, I can't lie, Im too honest.

I want more! I want more!

I can't wait to see it finished.

chico2
April 5th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Joeysmom,we have Virginia Creeper on our pergola and the back of the house,a really fast grower,one pot is often enough.
Here you can see some of it..

Skryker
April 5th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Looks great! I'm green with envy. Congrats. :thumbs up

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 6th, 2006, 08:19 PM
well its pretty much done except we need to turf the dirt part or put in more rocks I would like some grass but hubbys not so sure.
here is our doggie safe gate - before we had the dog house in front of it because Joey could escape underneath if he really wanted to

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 6th, 2006, 08:20 PM
we'll be roasting weanies at the hot tub party too. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM
my son checking it out :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 6th, 2006, 08:22 PM
look mom no leash
:D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 6th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah now we can finally eat outside

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 6th, 2006, 08:25 PM
this is the vine we planted I have no clue what it is - but apparently it grows fast. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM
so I guess the only problems is they took Joeys pooper scooper shovel :eek: :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 6th, 2006, 08:29 PM
so we still need to put in the door - gotta quote today yikes - I wish we could do it ourselves - and of course we need to put in the hottub

Prin
April 6th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Wow, it's looking so good! :thumbs up

Lissa
April 6th, 2006, 10:10 PM
WOW!! I love all the pictures! Your backyard is so perfect!!! :)

chico2
April 7th, 2006, 09:09 AM
When we took out a window to put in a patio-door,we hired a local retired mason,he did a great job and was really reasonable!
We did a lot of hard work ourselves,hubby is really good,he built our deck etc..but knocking out bricks,to put in a door is not easy.
Love your interlocking bricks patio.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
April 7th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Chico -
[QUOTE]When we took out a window to put in a patio-door,we hired a local retired mason,he did a great job and was really reasonable![/QUOTwe are trying to find someone like that the thing is everyone we know that may want to do this odd job for is in Alberta right now making big dough, so to them this is a piddly job and a waste of time. I think had we had put it in last year it would have been cheaper.

This one guy came yesterday - the door I wanted a french slider was just over 4000. :D I guess I won't be getting that one.

chico2
April 7th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Joeysmom,it looks like you already spent a small fortune in your backyard and your house looks brand new,very nice.Our house is old(1959)and we did most of the work ourselves,except the pool.
If you want to save some money,go out and by the patio-door(Home-Depot),then look in your local paper for someone to do the installing,you'll probably save a couple of thousand $$$.
Here's my deck and patio...

chico2
April 7th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Here's a better pic...

jesse's mommy
June 18th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Did you ever post the finished yard? I saw a sample of it in the what do you look like thread, but I think we need more!!!!! From what I saw it was gorgeous!

Prin
June 18th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I know! I saw that this was revived after the other one and I was all, Ooo she did post new pics... But no...:(

More pics!!!! ;)

(btw, I don't swim much, but chico's pool looks so inviting...)

glasslass
June 18th, 2006, 04:18 PM
How did I miss this thread? I've been devouring the pictures, all the while thinking I'd get to see the done deal without waiting. But nooooo! Where's the finale! I love the circles, the brick center, the firepit. You have created a terrific plan that you can build on over the years. More pictures!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 18th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Sorry guys here is some most recent pics - we have our french doors in now will take pics soon when my patio recharges. I was thinking about this thread.

We got the pea gravel to cover the ugly parts of the lawn and we are keeping the one patch of nice grass - which may not end up nice either as the gravel is covering it at the moment.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 18th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Awww mom do I have to come in.

mafiaprincess
June 18th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I'd like Joey's before yard... I'm lackign on agility equipment space so badly I'd liek to bulldoze out backyard neighbours home...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 18th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Sorry Mafia Princess - Joey thinks the rocks are pretty need though - he likes to pretend he's an explorer -

This my favorite part of the yard -

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 18th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Easy access to the hot tub too - and easier access for Joey to get outside

mafiaprincess
June 18th, 2006, 11:18 PM
The new hot tub and patio door area is beyond rocking though. The yard make over is super cool. I've just been pining about wantign more land to do dog stuff with, lol.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 18th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Not a great pic as the lights were off inside and I rushed to take the pic but once again I love the french doors the brighten up our whole basement.

glasslass
June 18th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Perfect spot for a hot tub! It'll be protected in the winter.

jesse's mommy
June 19th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Woo Hoo pictures! It really looks wonderful! I absolutely love it.

Prin
June 19th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I think the pic from the inside out is great- we can see the yard and all through the windows.:)

Sorry guys here is some most recent pics - we have our french doors in now will take pics soon when my patio recharges. I was thinking about this thread.lol I think you were thinking about your patio more than anything else... :D

Great yard though- looks like a sanctuary for all of you. (Can I come play on the trabampoline?)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 19th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Yes you can all come play on our trampoline only two at a time though so you'll have to share. :D

But the hot tub hold six so once your muscles are sore from the trampoline you can jump in the hot tub. :D

jesse's mommy
June 19th, 2006, 06:42 PM
...trabampoline?)

Is spellcheck broke again? http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 19th, 2006, 06:43 PM
originally posted by myself

Sorry guys here is some most recent pics - we have our french doors in now will take pics soon when my patio recharges. I was thinking about this thread.

something got short circuted from my brain to my fingers while typing that - I am like what but I remember it was the camera that needed recharging not the patio, :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
June 19th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
...trabampoline?)
Jesses Mommy =

Is spellcheck broke again?

no its tram bam bam (beat chest while jumping on tram bam poline) that is how you use it - must be a west coast thing I guess :D

Prin
June 20th, 2006, 02:18 AM
lol It's much more fun to say too!:D

doggy lover
June 20th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Wow what a great yard you have now, its beautiful, I guess you will be spending alot of time outside this summer.