Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What is Dream Weaver (computer related)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 27th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Does anyone know what Dream Weaver is? I don't mean the song from 1972 :D I mean the actual computer program, or what it does.

I have to learn about it for my new and I am supposed to download it onto my computer but the downloads not working.

catsnatcher-CDN
March 27th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Dreamweaver is a gui based HTML editor. A bit more complicated that Microsoft Front page and usually reserved for professional webdesigners.

CyberKitten
March 27th, 2006, 09:09 PM
It is an HTML editor that allows you to add scripts like sql scripts and even has some "canned" JavaScripts (not to be confused with the language Java tho you can program Java applets into your web site).. It is owned by the same company that bought Cold Fusion which is why it is seen as a good editor for complex web sites that need serious sql (and I do not mean MS access - more like Oracle, etc).

Personally, I like a basic word pad that I save as text or AceHtml which has some scripts (PHP, JavaScript, other DHTML goodies) but I do use Dreamweaver fir web sites that need to be connected to complex amts f data in databases.

It can be found here

http://software.visicommedia.com/en/products/acehtmlfreeware/

Dreamweaver is of course much more expensive - I loathe MS Front Page, lol and even worse are WYSIWYG editors, ughhhhhhhhh!

Anyway, hope this helps.