Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another Pittie Hero, not a happy ending

babyrocky1
March 25th, 2006, 10:27 PM
http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/ci_3639068 This is really sad you guys!

seeker
March 26th, 2006, 06:15 AM
WOW ! It is hard to read stuff like that .
And giving some though as to how that would play out in Ontario . It would have happened a little differently .
In the 1st case the dogs would have been muzzled so the person walking the dogs would have just been beaten or would have taken the bullet himself wile the dogs watched helplessly in their restraints.
In the 2nd senario if the dogs were not muzzled it might have played out similarly to the way it happened in Oakland with the dog being killed but then the "robber/killer" could have had the dog owner charged , maybe even sued him for the injuries to his arm all because the dog was not muzzled and the law under Bill 132 had been violated.

twodogsandacat
March 26th, 2006, 09:25 AM
WOW ! It is hard to read stuff like that .
And giving some though as to how that would play out in Ontario . It would have happened a little differently .
In the 1st case the dogs would have been muzzled so the person walking the dogs would have just been beaten or would have taken the bullet himself wile the dogs watched helplessly in their restraints.
In the 2nd senario if the dogs were not muzzled it might have played out similarly to the way it happened in Oakland with the dog being killed but then the "robber/killer" could have had the dog owner charged , maybe even sued him for the injuries to his arm all because the dog was not muzzled and the law under Bill 132 had been violated.

And the robber could of turned the gun in under an amnesty program right there on the spot at best or would have been charged, out on bail an rearmed within twenty four hours at the worst.

Benny was a hero and as the article states - dogs of all breeds would do the same.

mastifflover
March 26th, 2006, 09:49 AM
How sad I feel so bad for this man losing his dog like that. Yes the ridiculous law in this city would have probably ended in a much worse situation if your dog is muzzled while you are being attacked or maybe killed your dog can't do anything to protect you. Don't kid yourself this will happen when some woman is out walking her dog a night and is robbed or raped. As a woman I feel much safer when I am out at night with my dog most people will avoid you. With your dog muzzled they are not nearly as threatening.

babyrocky1
March 26th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Mastifflover, I take Rocky to an enclosure in the middle of the night, I saw a guy coming towards us and waking in a strange way, Rocky is not muzzled because he is in an enclosed area, so I ended up staying inside this dark yard, afraid to leave cause I would have to muzzle my dog. Turned out it was just some drunk, harmless I guess. But it just goes to show you the kinds of ridiculous choices you have to make. Ofcourse Im in the situaiton in the first place cause of Bryant, I have permission to use this yard but if my few Pittie hating naeighbours see me they may complain to the owners so I go in the middle of the night. I then end up trapped there cause Im more afraid of walking Rocky home without his muzzle than I am of the potential danger of what I percieve as a theatening situation. Thats life in Toronto, Ontario.:eek:

BullLover
March 28th, 2006, 01:41 PM
What an awesome dog. Thanks to the owner for saving him and for sharing his story with the world.

Soroush
March 28th, 2006, 11:49 PM
What kind of a dumbass tries to rob a guy with 2 pitbulls?!!!

idiot...

sad story.

Prin
March 29th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Mastifflover, I take Rocky to an enclosure in the middle of the night, I saw a guy coming towards us and waking in a strange way, Rocky is not muzzled because he is in an enclosed area, so I ended up staying inside this dark yard, afraid to leave cause I would have to muzzle my dog. Turned out it was just some drunk, harmless I guess. But it just goes to show you the kinds of ridiculous choices you have to make. Aw I can sympathize with that. I hate being in the dog park when there are creepos outside. I wonder if my dogs would be able to hop over the fence to help me if it came to that- if they were trapped in there while I was on the outside being attacked or whatever. I couldn't imagine the inside being the safer of the two. That really sucks. They should make a "quick release" muzzle that nobody knows about. It would release in a second if it needed to be released...

doggy lover
March 29th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Such a brave dog, to take a bullet for his owner.:angel: It make me think of my last dog he would have never let anyone hurt someone in his family either. To give their life to save us, would we do the same for them??? Hell lots of people dump their pets as soon as there is any trouble with them, like training or health.