Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey Friends

Sassy'sdad
March 25th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Hello everyone! I am Sassy's mom. Sassy is a 2 year old Beagle X. Sassy was adopted from the Hamilton SPCA she was very scared and confused but didn't take long getting use to her new surroundings and loves sleeping by the bed. We are still trying to house train her but that will come. She is a great dog and loves her walks. We are happy to come across this site thank you it already has been very helpful as we are first time doggie parents.

Frenchy
March 26th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Hi Sassy's dad.We would love to see pictures of Sassy,I love Beagles.How come you have to house train her?Do you know anything about her past?

Sassy'sdad
March 30th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Hi Frenchy, we don't know a lot about her past, except what they told us at the SPCA that we got her from. All they could tell us was that she was picked up as a stray & that she may have been a kennel dog & for that reason, she may not have spent a lot of time indoors perhaps? She is coming along slowly, but for sure she is adapting quite well we think. When we go for walks she stays by my side for the most part, but when she gets a scent of something, she wants to go! LOL! We think she may be more hound than beagle, simply because of her stature, but she is very lovable. I don't know how to put her picture up here, but if someone wants to let me know how to go about it, I will gladly put her pic up. Thank you.

Cheers!

Frenchy
March 30th, 2006, 06:46 PM
She must be thrilled to be in a real family at last!Not too good about explaining how to post a picture,but if you click on manage attachments (below) you should be able to.Beagles are like hound dogs,they always say you can't leave them unleash because when they pick up a scent,there they go!She must be real cute.They are advice in the pictures thread on how to post pictures.Good luck.

Sassy'sdad
March 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Ok, let's see if this works.........

Sassy'sdad
March 30th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks for your help Frenchy, it seems to have worked.

Cheers!

Frenchy
March 31st, 2006, 11:36 AM
Your welcome Sassy's dad!Wow,are you sure she is mixt?She looks purebred to me but anyway,doesn't mather if they are or not right?She either look like she pulling on the leash or posing,we'll say she's posing!Great dog!

phoenix
March 31st, 2006, 01:43 PM
I agree ... check out this link

http://www.americanfoxhoundclubinc.com/

i don't see any beagle in your dog!!

Rottielover
March 31st, 2006, 02:02 PM
That was what I was going to post. Way to long and tall, face to pointed to be a beagle. Def looks fox hound to me. They are both hounds. The HS was right with that, LOL

tailwaggin
March 31st, 2006, 02:31 PM
Oh my gosh, she is a beauty!!!:pawprint: She looks very interested in something in that picture....

Frenchy
March 31st, 2006, 09:13 PM
Yep,now that I'm not at work and have more time to look,she is very tall.Makes her look more majestic!

Sassy'sdad
April 2nd, 2006, 08:47 AM
Yes, we do agree that she is more a foxhound than a beagle & if she does have any beagle in her, it is very, very little. Of course this doesn't ,mean that she will get thrown to the wayside, we still want her all the same! She has been coming along very well & seems to not mind the car rides as much anymore & doesn't drool a waterfall anymore it seems. LOL! She is getting better at doing her business outside, except that she has to go for quite a walk it seems in order to work herself up to it, but it may also be that the people that owned this place before owned a dog, so maybe she senses that in the back yard? We are still working on keeping her off the furniture & bed, though that may come in time as she is very smart & has come a long quite well in the past week or so that we have had her, we think.

Thank you all for your help!

Cheers!

Sassy'sdad
April 3rd, 2006, 09:02 AM
Oh my gosh, she is a beauty!!!:pawprint: She looks very interested in something in that picture....

Sassy was looking at another dog she wanted to play with. Sassy seems to like other dogs.

We had her at my sisters and she has a shepherd/lab who is very excited and likes to jump. Once Sammy calmed down then Sassy and Sammy had fun together. They both got a new toy too! My sister spoiled them both.