Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

its a dogs world

wdawson
March 25th, 2006, 07:54 AM
http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=hamilton/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1143240612046&call_pageid=1112188062650&col=1125569042448

twodogsandacat
March 25th, 2006, 11:47 AM
New York design consultant Julia Szabo reupholstered her sofa to match her dog. "I covered it in Ultrasuede the exact same gingery shade as my pit bull, Pepper," says Szabo, author of Animal House Style: Designing Your Home To Share With Your Pets.

I just picked this book up last week as I was walking through a store with some coworkers. What drew me to it? A gorgeous pit bull on the cover lying on a matching couch (oh and there was a cat too). Inside many of the homes feature pit bulls. I said ‘hey that’s really cool’. A couple of days later I opened a gift (it was my birthday) and they had bought the book for me. Nice thought but I had also looked at a boat at the Sportsman’s show – didn’t get the boat . It’s the thought that counts right? I just need wealthier friends.

I had actually picked it up and looked through it thinking ‘I wonder if Bryant would look through this book and realize that a lot of responsible, obviously wealthy, educated people own pit bulls.

But enough pit bulls. People love their animals. Some extend that to building or decorating with their animals in mind. Building a large outdoors bathtub with hot and cold running water to bathe your large dogs may seem like an extravagance but is it really? If you have the money I would simply say - I think its ‘cool’.

jesse's mommy
March 25th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I think it's great that people go to the extreme for their furbabies. I could only imagine what my house would look like if I had that kind of money. :eek:

By the way Twodogs, Happy Belated Birthday! (Sorry for the slight threadjack.)

wdawson
March 25th, 2006, 12:47 PM
actually that outdoor tub would be great at this time of year......with all the mud everywhere:eek: ........then i could get rid of the bucket of water and the millions of towels at the back door........but then again if i had the money i would just build an indoor doggy gym complete with squirrels:eek: ........on a track like they have at dog races...not live ones:D