Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Product Addiction

mafiaprincess
March 23rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
I have spent so much lately on doggie treats, and toys...

You'd think I was a new doggie mom. It's been so bad that they asked me at Petsmart today if I had just gotten a new little one.. :o

(Although I'd love a second one) There was a berner in the dog park that I was desperate to steal for my own.. lol

I have never had such an issue until lately. I just want to spoil my baby girl. Bad mommy..

Prin
March 23rd, 2006, 11:00 PM
It's a good thing. Spoiled doggies are so rare in this world.;)

catsnatcher-CDN
March 24th, 2006, 08:17 AM
It's a good thing. Spoiled doggies are so rare in this world.;)

I agree. Spoil away!!

rainbow
March 24th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I can hardly wait until I get my new catalogue from The Pet Supply House. We desperately need some new toys at our house.:D

OntarioGreys
March 25th, 2006, 12:24 AM
PLay this sound wave and see if it grabs your pups attention

http://northcoastgreyhounds.net/images/monkey.wav

The latest acquisition for my gang was 3 screaming monkeys, though I learned to put then up when I wanted to sleep.

from here http://www.gemgreyhounds.org/gem_store/toys&whatnot.htm

For the 3 monkeys and the tube of EMT gel the shipping was approx $5 US

When their voice box dies or when Nikki the stuffie destoyer destuffs then or other toys I keep a bunch of replacement squeakers of hand to so I can repair. These are listed in US dollars with shipping included in the price shown http://www.cdwplus.com/singleother.html#anchor173114

Prin
March 25th, 2006, 12:54 AM
my god I would die if I had those toys... Doesn't that get irritating? My doggies have a few squeaky toys but they think squeaking them is hurting them, so they don't make any noise.

jesse's mommy
March 25th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Jesse is a terror with squeaky toys. If it's a stuffy, she squeaks and squeaks and squeaks, then rips and rips and rips. We have some of the latex toys and she squeaks and squeaks and squeaks, then pushes the slimey thing on your leg and squeaks and squeaks and squeaks on there, then you push her away and she pushes the slimey toy on your arm and squeaks and squeaks and squeaks. Do you see a pattern here? She loves to squeak her slimey toy onto your skin. She's a slobber monster.

OntarioGreys
March 25th, 2006, 08:44 AM
my god I would die if I had those toys... Doesn't that get irritating? My doggies have a few squeaky toys but they think squeaking them is hurting them, so they don't make any noise.

:p Oh yeah, and you don't want to wake up to one being flung around screaming near you :eek: I found myself picking them up and putting them away when I was not on the mood or when I went to bed or while they were still brand new and I left the house so there would not be fighting over them. But watching the fun they have playing with them is worth it, otherwise

PetFriendly
March 25th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Since we're at a pet store almost once a week, a fair bit of money is spent on 'stuff' for the animals in my house... I just can't leave the store without buying something for at least one of the animals. While the dog does not yet expect something every time I come home (or everytime he goes to the store), he know what 'Hey Charley wait till you see what I bought you' means... And sits really patiently, tail wagging, for me to open the bag in my hand.

Should I ever have kids, I'm going to be in the poor house really fast!