Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog peeing inside

Dozer's Mama
March 23rd, 2006, 03:12 PM
I have a one year old boxer bulldog and all of a sudden he is peeing inside but only at daycare. It started a few months ago and we can't figure out why he would be doing it. He never pees inside at home, or at any friends houses when he goes there for the day. It's only at daycare that he will pee inside. I have had him to the vet for bloodwork and all that to rule out bladder or kidney infection and even diabetes because they said at the daycare that he drinks ALOT of water. All of his bloodwork came back fine and his urine sample was fine, so it must be a behavioral issue. Does anyone have any helpful comments or suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Rottielover
March 23rd, 2006, 03:29 PM
Sounds like marking his territory to me. That is behaviour not medical. And yes neutered dogs do mark as well

rainbow
March 23rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
If it only happens when he`s at daycare, with all the other dogs around, it definitely sounds like territory marking. :pawprint: I`m surprised that your vet didn`t think of this!:eek:

Dozer's Mama
March 23rd, 2006, 03:48 PM
They did think of that and he is neutered but would this be a continuing thing? How many times does he need to mark? Is there any way to stop it? I just feel bad because he keeps doing it and the woman that runs the daycare has agreed to keep him for a week while we go away. I just don't want him to do it at her house or anything. She does have 2 dogs of her own that go to daycare everyday. A neutered male and spayed female. I'll be mortified if he pees in her house.

Rottielover
March 23rd, 2006, 03:51 PM
leash must stay on him, a sharp correction when he is thinking of it. Only way to get him to learn is through training

Prin
March 23rd, 2006, 10:55 PM
If he pees in the same place in the house all the time, it could just smell pee-ey still from another dog's pee and he's just covering it up.