Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Ottawa

tailwaggin
March 22nd, 2006, 09:37 AM
Hello,

I am new to the board but have been reading many threads in the past few days and found a lot of info from many caring individuals.

We have a shih-tzu but want to adopt a second dog. We really like springer spaniels and labs but we think that a lab might be too big of a friend for our shih-tzu (we might be wrong!!).

Have a wondeful day!

mhass1129
March 22nd, 2006, 06:05 PM
Hey! welcome! I hope you find the perfect addition to your family that will sit well with your ****zu. Please post pics whenever you can! :party:

mesaana
March 22nd, 2006, 06:06 PM
Hello and welcome to the board!

As for adopting a lab with your shih tzu, well, it depends on both the lab and the shih tzu. How old is your little one? Is he (or she?) used to playing with bigger dogs? Some small dogs hold their own very well and for some other ones, a large lab can be just too rough.

Quite a few members of different rescues are on this board. If you give more info as to your situation, your experience with dogs, etc maybe we can find a new friend for your dog.

Oh, and we'd like pictures, please :)

tailwaggin
March 23rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
Thanks for your warm welcome. I have been trying to post a picture but it doesn't seem to work... I will try again later.

As for a second dog, my husband's heart is set on a Springer Spaniel. We both like the outdoors a lot and often go for long hikes. We both think that the energetic Springer would be the perfect companion for that.

My mother lives with us so there is somebody at home all the time. Our little buddy really enjoys the company (she treats him like a baby! LOL). He has been a blessing for her when she moved in with us and helped her go through this major life change.

I am sure that down the road we will find the dog for whom we will be a good match.

Thanks again.

tailwaggin
March 30th, 2006, 04:07 PM
http://tk.files.storage.msn.com/x1pbglk-vqL4Bv88qUx2H9cmoXwEavPpSEhvmBHCGT244lg5U0K293UT76 2nlgLPt83wkbPjPz-BMjI0RvPFF16qcexoolUh8t1OC6ZdxtV7Q7HKnENLfrIgNliNl IFKYTfW0fUtE9VvXgZgZ0NwYCn_Jdq8KHMj9Bl

He is going to get groomed this weekend... gonna be such a pretty boy!!

tailwaggin
March 31st, 2006, 02:16 PM
Don't think it worked the first time so here it is again... sorry!:o